Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart data not the same after reloading Ninja

Hi,

Im still trying to get Ninja to actually connect to my live and demo account with MB Trading, so for now Im using what seems to be a "Sim101" account, which, Im not sure where the actual data is coming from...?

In any case, I traded this morning and made some screenshots of each trade. Wanting to review my trades this evening, I reloaded the same chart showing my trades, but the bars are totally different from what they looked like this morning.

Why would that be?

Hello Synergy,

You receive data from the connected data feed - MBTrading. The sim101 account is an internal NinjaTrader account. It does not provide data - it is a simulation account that allows simulation trading.

You can experience differences after reloading historical data. Please see the link below under 'Understanding why a chart can look different after reloading historical data from the server' for explanations.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Just wondering, would my Limit Orders for example be filled based on MB Trading data, or are they just filled automatically by Ninjatrader?

In other words, is the Sim101 account "doing it's own thing" or is it actually the same as a demo account from MB Trading?

Not sure how to put that question....

Would you perhaps know why Ninjatrader is not connecting to my Live account then? I made sure the username and password is correct - Ninjatrader starts up fine without errors and I can see it connecting to the MB Trading feed.

I also made sure the global simulation mode is not on. No change...

Comment

When trading the sim101 account, orders are filled as per the simulator fill engine based on the realtime data you receive from MBTrading, see the link below.

NinjaTrader provides a state of the art internal simulation engine that can be used to test trading ideas and hone your skills. The simulation engine is not a simple algorithm that fills your order once the market trades at your order price. The engine uses a scientific approach to determine fill probability by including a number of variables including: ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position), and random time delays for switching between order states.

I am not sure how orders are filled as per MBTrading demo accounts. I suggest to contact MBTrading for clarification.

Could it be you do not have the required MBT Navigator version installed. Please see the MBTrading connection guide at the link below.

NinjaTrader requires 11.9.0.44 (or 11.8.0.45 if you have NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11 or earlier). You can check the NinjaTrader version at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I followed the setup procedure exactly as in the link you provided. No problems there it seems.

I have version 7.0.1000.21 (live) installed. I also have MBT Navigator installed, but it gave me an error just before it finished, then it said it's "installed successfully ".

When I run it now, it gives me an error: "The procedure entry point ?SetFile@CIniFile@@QAEHPBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MbtCommon.dll."

NO Idea what this means or how to fix it...? :-/

Comment

I suggest to perform an uninstall/reinstall of the MBT Navigator. If the error recurs just before it finishes, please tell me what the error states or send me a screenshot.

If you still cannot connect, please send me your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email. You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Chart data not the same after reloading Ninja' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140311 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140311 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Did an uninstall and reinstall. Seems to work fine now. Can change between different accounts.

But now, I have another error that just popped up! I tested the demo account with MB Trading, and when my Limit order is hit, it says: "Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue"

Underneath that "Cbi.OrderStatusEventArgs.ctor: order id musn't be empty" with a whole lot of text below that.

It also seems to close Ninjatrader if I click on any of the options.

Not sure what Im doing wrong here?
              Last edited by Synergy; 03-11-2014, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate.

Comment

Just sent it. Thanks Jason!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post reynoldsn  
                  Started by nightstalker, Today, 02:05 PM