Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not loading daily data.

Hi,

Im having trouble getting my daily charts to show data. I can go to lower time frames and it will load, but not daily, weekly, monthly and so on.

Any reason why this would be?

Thanks!

Hello Synergy,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument(s) have you selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Murphys law! Resarted the software and now it seems fine again. Happened a couple of times before as mentioned previously.

I checked the log, but I cant see anything obvious. If it happens again I will come back to here and post another reply.

Could I perhaps ask another question while Im at it?

I have a live trade on my Demo account with no Stop or Target set. How do I go about adding a Stop and Target?

If Im not mistaking, yesterday I right-clicked and I had an option to add a Stop or Target, but it does not give me the same option now...

Comment

Hello Synergy,

You will need to manually place the protective stop and profit target order.

You can do the by right clicking on the order entry window you are using and selecting OCO Order.

Then placing a limit order for the profit target order and a stop order for the stop loss.

Then you will need to right click on the order entry window and uncheck the OCO Order option.

Comment

OKAY! Thanks!

Have done that now, so does that mean my pc does not have to be connected for these orders to trigger?

Comment

Hello Synergy,

This will depend on who you connect to your broker through. Please see the link below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

Okay. I am with MB Trading and it says:

MB Trading
              Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on MBT's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
              OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

Both the new Stop and Target shows status as "Working" in Ninjatrader, So Im guessing the orders are with the broker then an not on my PC, or am I missing something?

As far as I understand, UNTIL all the orders as either showing "Accepted" or "Working" they are still on my PC and not with the broker, which means if I close or shut down, those orders will not be accepted with the broker. Is that right?

Comment

Hello Synergy,

That is correct.

The OCO functionality is held on your PC. If you disconnect or close NinjaTrader, if one of the orders is filled or canceled, the other order will not be canceled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:03 AM
                0 responses