Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB, Level 2 Data and Ninja

Hi all

I want to use Interactive Brokers due to their cost effectiveness but unfortunately they do not provide Level 2 Data for either the LSE or the ASX which I need.

Is it possible to combine IB along with one or two information providers who DO provide such Level 2 Data, all within the Ninja platform?

Many thanks.

Hello N_Traders,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

It is possible to connect to multiple data feed providers at once in NinjaTrader, but the order in which they are connected is important as NinjaTrader will look to the first connected provider for all data, if the provider does not provide a certain instrument type or historical data then NinjaTrader will look to the connection for that data. Please visit the following link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Comment

Many thanks!

Would you or any other members have any recommendations for LSE/ASX LEvel 2 Data Providers?

Comment

I see for example that your preferred Kinetick service does not offer these exchanges....

Comment

Hello N_Traders,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct that Kinetick does not support the LSE or ASX stocks at this time.

If you are not able to receive Level 2 data for the LSE and ASX from Interactive Brokers, your best bet would be to see if this data is available from eSignal. eSignal can be used within NinjaTrader as a market data supplement to the data feed from your broker. By connecting to eSginal first and Interactive Brokers second, NinjaTrader will use the eSignal connection for all market data and you will still be able to execute live trades from NinjaTrader to your Interactive Brokers account. You can find more information on working with multiple data connections at the following link:

Please let me know if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation but esignal's platform replicates a lot of what both IB and Ninja already have on theirs. I'm not going to pay 3 times for charting just to get live data.

Thanks for the try though.

If anyone knows of any pure data providers?

Can you deal directly with the exchange or do you have to go through a third party provider?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
              Hello N_Traders,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct that Kinetick does not support the LSE or ASX stocks at this time.

If you are not able to receive Level 2 data for the LSE and ASX from Interactive Brokers, your best bet would be to see if this data is available from eSignal. eSignal can be used within NinjaTrader as a market data supplement to the data feed from your broker. By connecting to eSginal first and Interactive Brokers second, NinjaTrader will use the eSignal connection for all market data and you will still be able to execute live trades from NinjaTrader to your Interactive Brokers account. You can find more information on working with multiple data connections at the following link:

Please let me know if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.
              Thanks for the offer - Do you know if Ninja Trader works with any of the Data Providers listed here on the LSE website as providers of LSE Level 2 data: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/p...ere-to-get.htm

Comment

Hello,

Of the providers listed at that link eSignal is the only source which could be used with NinjaTrader.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

Of the providers listed at that link eSignal is the only source which could be used with NinjaTrader.
                  Thanks. And do you know if eSignal have a data only package or do you have to buy a bundle with all their other software? I guess they're the only one because you're US based and they're US based right.

Comment

Hello,

1.) "And do you know if eSignal have a data only package or do you have to buy a bundle with all their other software?" That is a question which you would need to check with eSignal directly on as I do not have that information on file.

2.) "I guess they're the only one because you're US based and they're US based right." NinjaTrader supports many brokerages and data sources outside of the US, just none of the providers listed at the link you provided earlier.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes