Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Charts at once

How can I open multiple charts at once?

How can I replace the current instrument on the chart with a new one. I know that you can add secondary instrument but it doesn't let you remove the primary instrument even if the secondary instrument is there.

I mean if I am removing the primary, then it should make the secondary as primary. Why does it say that you can't remove the primary at all even if secondary is there.

Like in MetaTrader, you can just type the Stock Code and the chart changes to the new one

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) The File > New > Chart menu option is the only way to create a new chart. This option would allow for the creation of only one chart at a time however multiple charts can be opened by creating several charts using this process.

2.) To change the primary data series in a chart I would recommend selecting another instrument from the toolbar. The toolbar display's the contents of the Default instrument list. You can add an unlimited number of instruments to that list by following the steps outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm

We also offer an option which will allow you to select other instruments or bar types through typing in the chart as you mentioned. Please see the 'How to Change a Data Series' section of the following link to our Help Guide for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

When I am typing something on the chart, it is not opening the small window in which it should allow me to type the instrument name.

But when I press + sign first, it opens the window and then I have to delete the + sign and just type the instrument symbol name and it changes the primary instrument

But why is it not opening the window when am typing the Symbol. Why + sign first to be pressed to open the window?

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file so that I may further investigate. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140316.txt' file.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have sent email with trace file

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM