Simulation vs Live trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation vs Live trading

Hi. I am sure this has been asked before. I tried locating an answer with no success. Here is my question. When using the ATM with profit targets at what point does the order fill, when it touches the order or when it goes through by one tick? Is it the same for simulation and live trading? Let's say I set up an ATM strategy for two contracts, target 1 is SL=8 and PT=3, and target 2 is SL=8 and PT=6 with custom auto breakeven profit trigger=3.

Using the above ATM the strategy does not work as specified. If the first target is hit and only then do I want the the custom auto breakeven profit trigger=3 to function for the second order. My next question is: Does the auto breakeven profit trigger=3 need to go through the 3 tick mark or just touch it and is it the same for simulation and live trading? After testing my set up in simulation I run into the problem were the auto breakeven profit trigger is triggered, but the first PT is not triggered so I am not yet at breakeven.

Can someone please clarify this dilemma. Thank you.

Hello pipmenow,

Thanks for writing in.

A profit target is going to be a limit order and will fill at that price or better. How these fill in simulation vs live will vary.
    The simulation settings can be adjusted under Tools> Options Simulator
    After adjusting the values select Reset

Below I have provided a link to the Simulator Tab section of our help guide.

The stop strategies will function based on the value entered. You can not specify for it to only go into affect once target 1 is filled.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post FrancisMorro  
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
    10 responses