Import zip error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import zip error

Hello. I export some strategies and indicators from NT on my notebook, than used it on PC, than export from PC NT to zip as always. There was no error. So, I tried to import zip to notebook NT, but some error occurs. After that I tried to import zip again, but now NT is reporting "you can't import because there are some errors in some of your NT scripts". But I can't do anything, because files are in zip. So, this error corrupt script's files and now I even can't import from zip.

Hi alexstox,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums -http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please let me know if you would like assistance resolving the error.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear ChelseaB, I know very well about compiling and what you wrote.
      1) Everything was OK before trying to import
      2) This import was with some error --> after that some indicators and strategies are missing from "Tools-Edit NTscript" list --> this lead to errors in others strategies that still present in list and refer to those indicators.
      3) I can't try to import again because of 2)

Comment

Hi alexstox,

Does this mean that you have compiled again and there are no errors?

If so, this means that you can import. There may be something causing that particular script to not import such as duplicates.

I'd like you to try importing a simple indicator to show that there are not compile errors.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...php?linkid=472

After this imports successfully, try importing the script you are wanting to import again. If a message appears, please take a screenshot of this and attach the screenshot to your next post.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
        http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Please comment, I've found problem. There is copy of strategy in NT list - MyStartegy1, that used some indicators MyInd1, Myind2 ... And original strategy used those indicator too. So, I tried to import this original strategy from zip. And now I did that only after deleting MyStrategy1 from NT strategy list. Why?

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Are these assembly files that have the code protected?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello alexstox,

Are these assembly files that have the code protected?
              Sorry, don't understand.
              Let me explain again.

There are MyStrategy, MyStrategy1 (copy), MyIndicator1, MyIndicator2.
              I work on 2 machines: notebook and PC.

So, from note I export MyStrategy, MyIndicator1, MyIndicator2. Than import to PC NT.
              After some work I export those scripts from PC and tried to import to notebook NT.
              In the end of import NT reported about some error in importing.
              When I tried to import zip again, NT reported about "please resolve errors in scripts that already in NT". After compiling I saw that all errors from MyStrategy1 (copy). And only after deleting it I imported zip with no errors.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Typically this means that the scripts are sharing namespaces. In other words there are either custom namespaces that you have created that are in both files which cause duplicate namespace errors.

Or this could mean that you have two scripts that have the same name and this will also cause errors.

If I could see the files, I could tell you what the issue is. If you are willing to share these scripts you can post them. Or you could send me them privately.

You can also also find the issue by manually placing all files in the NinjaTrader settings folder and then compile. This will tell you exactly what files have errors and what the errors are such as the exact namespace that is a duplicate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses