Data Caching for Market Analyser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Caching for Market Analyser

Does Market Analyser cache the old data for recalculation of Indicator values with changing ticks?

I mean only the last candle closing value is changing

Hello tahseen,

Unfortunately not, the Market Analyzer only shows the indicator value of the current price bar as you mention. If you like to see the indicator on historical data, I suggest to use a chart.

Could it be 'Calculate on bar close' is set to True for the Indicator? If set to True, the indicator will be calculated at the close of each price bar. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No my question is different

What am saying is that Market Analyser starts pulling data again the moment I change any small setting of indicator. And then it takes to populate the datas for indicator again

So can't it save the historical data on the drive because that is not going to change again and again. So next time it doesn't have to pull from Google / Yahoo, it can directly read old data from drive and just the last ticks from the Goolge / Yahoo

This way Market Analyser would populate the Indicator data faster in the window

Hope you got what I mean

Comment

It does not reload all historical data that is used by the indicator. When NinjaTrader loads historical data, it is automatically saved. Please see the link below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?' for more information on how NinjaTrader loads data.

It does need to calculate the indicator using the changed setting, which can take some time.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks. I really appreciate all the questions you have been answering so far at such a turnaround time

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post RideMe
          by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes