Ideal Computer Set Up for NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal Computer Set Up for NT

I have looked for a thread or some past posts concerning an ideal computer set up to run NT on but couldn't find one. If I am wrong, please refer me to the thread.

I'd be interested to get to know from other NinjaTrader users what their computer specs are for the most optimum performance.

I currently use an LG with 2 monitors, AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 5200B 2.70GHz, with a 4GB RAM and a 32-bit OS. Windows 7 Professional. And an ATI Radeon HD5450 graphic card.

I have read that 4GB of RAM are actually the bare minimum, 8GB RAM or 16GB RAM are preferable. Never having seen either in action I wouldn't know the difference.

Anyone?

sandman

Originally posted by sandman View Post
    I have looked for a thread or some past posts concerning an ideal computer set up to run NT on but couldn't find one. If I am wrong, please refer me to the thread.

I'd be interested to get to know from other NinjaTrader users what their computer specs are for the most optimum performance.

I currently use an LG with 2 monitors, AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 5200B 2.70GHz, with a 4GB RAM and a 32-bit OS. Windows 7 Professional. And an ATI Radeon HD5450 graphic card.

I have read that 4GB of RAM are actually the bare minimum, 8GB RAM or 16GB RAM are preferable. Never having seen either in action I wouldn't know the difference.

Anyone?

sandman
    How many charts/doms/indicators are you running?

Are you running backtests with optimization or market replay?

Are you running out of memory and swapping to the harddrive? Task Manager can show memory usage and processor usage.

Comment

Only thing that matters is RAM. 2 GB Ram should be more than enough. I have used NT on VPS with just 1 GB ram and it worked, although 2 GB is safe and better.

What you currently have is more than enough

Comment

Hello sandman,

Please note that applications in 32 bit Windows are limited to use 4 GB RAM maximum. The usable amount of RAM depends on the hardware you have installed. Please see the link below for more information.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello StockFundoo,

Thank you for your input. However, it is hard to say if 2 GB RAM is enough. It depends on the amount charts, indicators, strategies and other items that are running in NinjaTrader. Your setup works well with 2 GB and even 1 GB. However this does not mean sandman's setup will run without issue on 1 or 2 GB RAM as well.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the feedback sledge, Jason, fundoo.

I use 2 monitors, and run 3 instruments whereby I have 7 charts open for each instrument so altogether about 21 charts, and within each chart is an average of 10 indicators.

I was able to use a 4GB RAM computer today and noticed a vast improvement compared to the 2GBRAM. The 1-Min candlesticks actually ended and started to form a new bar at the end of the minute and not 10 seconds later as it used to.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ghoul
            by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses