Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Multi Broker License and Data Connection

Hello,

I am considering purchasing or leasing a multi broker license, and have the following question(s) please.

I will be trading 3 accounts of mine, with two different brokers. At least2 of the accounts will be using CQG and the third account may be using CQG as well.

Now I am aware that multi connections to the same data vendor are not allowable or possible with the free version of Ninja.

If I have the paid multibroker version will I be able to connect all 3 accounts and be able to maneuver from each account quickly even if they are all on the same data connection?

Hello jecoble12,

Thank you for your post.

Using NinjaTrader, you will not be able to make multiple simultaneous connections to CQG. This is true with any version of NinjaTrader - the free simulation version, Single Broker version, or Multi-broker version.

If the first two CQG accounts are accessed with a single login, you will be able to access both accounts. If they are accessed with separate logins, you will need to disconnect from one account prior to connecting to the second account. However, I would like to note that you will not need the Multi-broker version of NinjaTrader to connect to your accounts if all 3 of them use CQG as their connection technology. The Single broker version will allow you to connect to all CQG based accounts, although you will have to disconnect from one before connecting to another if they are accessed with separate logins.

If your third account uses a different connection technology than CQG, you will need the Multi-broker version of NinjaTrader in order to execute live trades from NinjaTrader to this account and your CQG based accounts. In this case, you will be able to connect to your non-CQG account and to all accounts available through one CQG login at the same time, and execute trades to each of these accounts simultaneously.

For more information on our purchase options, please see the following link:

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a single login for my multiple connections, so in short what I need to do if I want to trade three accounts and not have to log out and log in each separate account to trade quickly then I need a multi broker license AND 3 different data connections?

Comment

Hello jecoble12,

You are correct - if you have 3 accounts with separate logins, the accounts must be held at brokers that use a different connection technology, and you will need a Multi-broker license to simultaneously connect to these accounts. If any of these 3 accounts use the same broker connection technology, you will have to disconnect from one account prior to connecting to another account using the same technology.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
        Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So basically it doesn't matter if it's 3 accounts with 3 different brokers or if the 3 accounts are all with the same broker as long as it's 3 separate data vendors/connections?

Comment

Hello,

If the three accounts are with the same broker a single broker license could be used. Whenever multiple brokerages are used a multi-broker license is needed.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Understood, but in the context of being able to switch accounts quickly without logging off and logging back in, as long as the connections are from different providers then they can remain simultaneously connected even if it's different brokers, correct?

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM