Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compare indicator to a value

Hi everyone

I'm trying to compare the range indicator values to specific number.
    What i want to do is take an action if the range of the candle is greater or equal for example 5pips.
    So, in the strategy wizard, i name the range as "RangeSize", with 5 as default value.
    In the next step, the condition builder, "set1, add," i cliked on the range indicator, and want to compare it to my range size value, but it's impossible to select "RangeSize".
    So, here is my question. As i want range size to be an input in my strategy that i can change as i want, and range indicator, the indicator that measure the size of the range of each candle, i want to be able to take the value of the range size indicator, and compare it with a defined number, that's all for the moment. I don't know why it doesn't work, just maybe because i'm a newbie and i don't know how to do it.
    Thanks for help, you can see attached pictures of what i'm talking about.
    If you can help, you're welcome, and if you can attach images, it'll be good too.

thanks everyone!
    Attached Files

Hello josker1,

That is a User Defined Input. Meaning that nothing will show up below when highlighted. What will happen is when you go to test the strategy, you will see an option to change that value which will then be tested in the logic of the strategy.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh yeah, i didn't tried to validate even if the user defined value didn't go in the lower panel as the indicator. Thanks
      What i did is i tried to put in the actions to plot something in blue if a candle's range equal or is greater than 3pips, to help me know the strategy is working, but i don't get nothing blue on my chart.
      Attached is what i did , and if you have time to help me, and modify what is wrong i'll be very glad with that. This will help me know what was wrong with my approach.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Josker1,

They are plotting however, you are placing the Y-Value at 0 which will translate directly on the chart.
        Try using a price value such as High or Low

Comment

Thanks for you answer.
          Do you mean i should try to use High-Low >= a user defined input to compare the range to a number?
          The problem is i didn't find the possibility to do high minus the low and compare it to a range value in the user defined inputs, that's why i used the range indicator. But it seems to don't work.
          Disapointed

Comment

No, there is a property for the Arrow object that has a Y-Value. Since, you are setting this to 0, the Arrow object will be placed at 0 on the chart.
            You open the Y-Value to select where to place this Arrow such as a price series of High or Low.

Comment

Tried that too. don't get anithing on the chart. tried to add in the last step stops and targets strategy actions, but nothing, i get nothing. i don't understand. See the image attached.
              I added the strategy, and enabled it in the settings, but nothing is happening. In the settings, i put the range to 2pips, and there is many candles with ranges greater than 2pips, no one is getting a diamond at it's low.
              Still disapointed
              Attached Files

Comment

Josker1,

What is the actual value that you are using for Rangerr?

Comment

Rangerr=2 .
                  See the file attached and test it if you can to better understand the logic.
                  Big Thanks for your time
                  Attached Files

Comment

Josker1,

You need to use a value smaller than that.
                    Remember you are test the high - low, which with the Forex I saw in the screenshot is typically around .0002 or something along those lines.

You will also need to change the Rangerr to a double and set the minium value to 0 in the Strategy Wizard so you can use the smaller number.

Comment

OMG!
                      You are wonderful, it works, the problem was that.
                      Big thanks. if i have another issue, be sure i'll come again to disturb you,
                      Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes