Timezone setting in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timezone setting in NT

I am almost too embarassed to ask but I forgot and can't find the information. Where do I adjust the time in NT so it aligns to my computer's time zone? Right now it is off by 2 hours.
    I tried it in the Session Manager but either I am doing something wrong or it's the wrong place.

Coupled with that my BarTimer in the charts seems to have an issue. It is stuck at 00:00:00 and does not want to move though the candlesticks are moving.

sandman
    Last edited by sandman; 03-21-2014, 10:08 AM.

Hello sandman,

The time in NinjaTrader is based on your PC clock.

Please close NinjaTrader, reset the time and time zone of your PC clock, install any Windows or Microsoft updates and restart NinjaTrader.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher.

Thanks. I did that but it remains. See attached. Computer shows: 11:36, chart shows 9:36. Log and trace files however are in sync with the PC.

I am starting to tear out my hair. Any other suggests?

sandman
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

Have you reloaded the data on the charts? Right click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'

Do you have all pending Windows and Microsoft updates installed?

Did you restart your machine after installing the updates?

Comment

Christopher,

Let me give you some more data first. Today I got a new computer, actually a VPS with a bigger RAM. So I had to set up everything anew on it. Downloaded a fresh NT. Wanting to install it, it remarked that the .net Framework was not present. I enabled that on the Windows 2008R2 server. That done, NT installed with no problem.

I then created my charts and everything was running smoothly. And much better with that 4GB RAM compared to the 2GB RAM I used previously.

Then I noted that this VPS was running on an odd timezone and I changed that. NT however did not change. I closed NT and restarted it. Still no go. I changed the session manager. Closed NT, restarted it. No go. At one point I then posted what I posted.

Since your last message, I changed the PC/VPS timezone setting back to what it had been with the result that the PC and NT charts are now in sync again. I also changed the session manager back to what it had been. And I reset the DB.

Charts are running fine etc.

Only remaining point is that the Bartimer refuses to work. Says I am either disconnected or current time is outside session time or chart end date. See attached. I already closed NT, and rebooted the VPS but the bugger still refuses.

Now that this Bartimer is the only remaining point, do you have any suggestion?

sandman
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

Do you receive real time data for the NG?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What session template is applied to the chart? You can check by right clicking on the chart, selecting Data Series, then in the Data Series window checking the setting Session template.

If you open a new chart, do you see the same?

Comment

Yes, real time data is being received.

Connected to CQG.

Session template is "Use Instrument settings" (for all my charts).

When I open a new chart and put in a Bartimer I get the same.

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Please disconnect from CQG, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

If you still experience the same, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Thanks Christopher.

I tried that. No change. Thus I've sent you the trace and log files.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle
                  by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  2 responses