Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM- Not building the new bar

Hello!!

I am having the following problem with data from FXCM (see short video)

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Previously I made ​​a new installation of the platform from scratch (I deleted every single folder, every thing is from pre-built, no custom indicator, or temple, or anything), but the problem persists. (Both sets of data have the same time zone (NewYork))

Any idea where the fault may be (??) (could be from data supplied by FXCM??)

Thank you in advance,

Update: New PiC

Last edited by Ekann; 03-24-2014, 09:57 AM.

Hello Ekann,

Thank you for your forum post.

As I test my FXCM connection, I cannot reproduce this situation on $USDCHF.

This means the data from FXCM is not causing the situation, but would be local chart settings etc...

When you uninstalled NinjaTrader completely, did you also remove the NinjaTrader7 folder from My Documents? If not, NinjaTrader would still be using your previously saved settings.

Can you reproduce this situation when loading only $USDCHF as opposed to loading ES 06-14 as well?

If you right mouse click on the chart > Reload all historical data, do these missing bars fill in?

You can initially troubleshoot this situation by resetting your instruments:

When you perform an instrument reset, the following actions will occur:
    • User added instruments will not be affected.
    • Any changes you have made to the original instrument settings will be reset
    • Any changed symbol mappings will be reset including changes made for use with the Automated Trading Interface.

• Disconnect from any data providers.
    • Control Center > Tools > Options...
    • Data tab > Reset Instruments
    • Restart NinjaTrader

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
      Hello Ekann,

Thank you for your forum post.

As I test my FXCM connection, I cannot reproduce this situation on $USDCHF.

This means the data from FXCM is not causing the situation, but would be local chart settings etc...

When you uninstalled NinjaTrader completely, did you also remove the NinjaTrader7 folder from My Documents? If not, NinjaTrader would still be using your previously saved settings.

Yes. I remove he NinjaTrader7 folder from My Documents. (new data are loaded)

Can you reproduce this situation when loading only $USDCHF as opposed to loading ES 06-14 as well?

Yes. Regardless of that symbol is, or if it´s only on the chart or sub-graph the situation occurs (view pic1)

If you right mouse click on the chart > Reload all historical data, do these missing bars fill in?

Yes. when I reload the data, missing bars are displayed (view pic 2)

You can initially troubleshoot this situation by resetting your instruments:

When you perform an instrument reset, the following actions will occur:
      • User added instruments will not be affected.
      • Any changes you have made to the original instrument settings will be reset
      • Any changed symbol mappings will be reset including changes made for use with the Automated Trading Interface.

• Disconnect from any data providers.
      • Control Center > Tools > Options...
      • Data tab > Reset Instruments
      • Restart NinjaTrader

I've run this procedure but the issue persists (the pics are taken after the reset Instruments & Restart NinjaTrader)

Pic 1:

Pic 2 **********

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Ekann,

Thank you for the follow up.

You can troubleshoot this situation further by deleting your historical chart data and forcing a new download:
        Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Documents
        • NinjaTrader 7
        • Open the db folder
        • Delete the Tick, Minute, Day and Cache folders
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Connect

I look forward to hearing if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Ryan for the assistance. Although all data is new because the new installation is absolutely clean, anyway I deleted the historical data with cache etc ... but the situation persists....however....
          actually my first concern was whether it was a local or global problem. Apparently this is local so
          Ok I think the next step is to install the platform on another PC to see if this situation arises there.

Again, I appreciate your help....

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Ekann,

Thank you for the follow up.

Since this is occuring on a brand new installation with no older historical data or items in the database that could be influencing the situation, I would like to review this closer.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your latest log and trace file:
            You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named "log.20140324.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named "trace.20140324.txt"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response