Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palladium and plattinum problem

Hello,

For Palladium and Plattinum futures (PA and PL) I unly see closing price in chart. When exporting high, low, and open is same as close. Are those instruments supported?

Best regards

Hello ignas,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What contract month is selected?

What interval is selected on the chart? ! minutes, 200 tick, 1 day?
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello ignas,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What contract month is selected?

What interval is selected on the chart? ! minutes, 200 tick, 1 day?
      Sorry, forgot details. I'm connected to kinetick eod and try to chart and export daily data.

Comment

Hello,

On which date(s) in your export are you seeing a matching open and close? When testing here, OHLC data appears to be exported normally after loading the data through Kinetick's EOD service.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

On which date(s) in your export are you seeing a matching open and close? When testing here, OHLC data appears to be exported normally after loading the data through Kinetick's EOD service.
          Contracts I'm currently looking at PA 06-14, PL 04-14 (also found the same for BH 05-14, which also has volume of 1 for all days). Charts just shows those dots of close, because ohlc values are all the same and export too gives same price for all values (there are some normal ohlc bars at around 2008 data). I tried to manually delete and reload data for PA but its still the same.

Comment

Hello ignas,

What dates do you see this?

What is the merge policy set to? Tools > Options > Data tab, Merge policy

Comment

Hello ignas,

What dates do you see this?

What is the merge policy set to? Tools > Options > Data tab, Merge policy
              Merge not back adjusted. But same was for merge back adjusted. Same issue for BH and PL (attached print screen).
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello ignas,

Please disconnect from Kinetick, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then once you have restarted NinjaTrader, right click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If you still see the same, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Hello ignas,

Please disconnect from Kinetick, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then once you have restarted NinjaTrader, right click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If you still see the same, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                  I'm spending a lot of time fixing wrong rollover dates for instruments (not PA or PL though). Will I lose it after reset?

Comment

Hello ignas,

Resetting the instruments will reset the preloaded instruments to their default settings, including the rollover dates.

If you have changed the rollover dates, this may be causing what you are experiencing.

Comment

Hello ignas,

Resetting the instruments will reset the preloaded instruments to their default settings, including the rollover dates.

If you have changed the rollover dates, this may be causing what you are experiencing.
                      Well I cant do that then, because more than half instruments on my watch list have rollover dates entered by retarded chimpanzee or smth as they are really off... Its easy to test with chart with volume indicator on. Some info about issues in this thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=36632
                      Im keeping notes what I changed and though about posting them when finish, but it takes so long to fix and also find other strange issues, like for example when loading fdax 06-14 continuous for some reason 12-13 contract is not loaded (can not find it in NT day folder even) and it results in same volume anomaly like if with wrong rollover, even though rollover dates for fdax are more or less ok. Or like in I think NK scrolling chart and then candles dissapears somewhere in the middle and then reappears after more scrolling, then this PA, PL stuff... And I can not even see how editing other instrument rollover date can impact another instrument to have same ohlc values... I invested quite a bit time learning and trying to work with NT, but now really consider to cut my losses I'm software developer myself and think there are some systemic problems with development/QA teams which results in software of poor quality Anyway hopefully I will be able to solve my problems soon and all be good.

Comment

Hello ignas,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NRITV
                        by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                        7 responses