Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart update issue

Hi NT

I have a CL 05-14 chart running with the 24/7 Default template. This chart is showing daily bars and it connected to Kinetick real time (paid) data feed. The last bar shown as of now, is Saturday, 22 March.

I am not sure if the chart should be showing Saturday or not to be honest??

Secondly, the chart is not showing the Monday, 24 March bar and that I did expect to see.

When I look at the end data in the chart data series, it has 03/25/2014. I try to extend the end date by 6 months to 09/25/14 but that is not working. I have had problems with charts not updating before as well.

Is there a step by step guide or a check list for setting up charts for real time or strategy trading? I am still struggling to get NT to work for me properly. Is there an option for getting 30 minutes of desktop sharing support from NT experts here?

Hello xraptorx,

There should not be a daily bar for Saturday as there is no trading. Do you load daily data as expected if you select the Nymex Energy RTH session template in the chart?

What time zone is used as per your PC clock? If your PC clock is not using US time zone, please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and change your PC clock to US time zone.

Double click on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...', set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.

Subsequently go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the "cache" folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if daily data is loaded as expected.

You can always check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

Unfortunately, I have other commitments that prevent me to perform phone calls/remote sessions at this time. There is a skeleton staff available at this time only. My colleagues in the US come online at 9:30 AM EDT. At that time, we can schedule phone calls and remote sessions. You can send us an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com during our official support hours to request a remote session. Please see our official support hours at the link below.
    Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!

Our support hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM EST until 6:00 PM EST.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes