Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers users?

hi

i would really appreciate some feedback from traders that are successfully running an auto strategy with a live IB account.
    some of the issues i am facing are the following :

Autologoff - TWSstart seems unreliable and IBgateway , any thoughts?
    can you run IBgateway without using TWSstart?

IB Account info - need to include some live readings in strategy from the IB accounts tab, such as current available funds, stock value.etc
    any thoughts on how this can be done as NT does not support this.
    how do you control trading size and risk if cannot link to live IB account readings?

Syncing account positions - when changing/removing a strategy that has open positions, and replacing with new strategy, how are those existing positions handled under the new strategy?

appreciate any help that can be offered.

thanks

jio

My advice don't trade Ninja trader with IB. The link between ninja trader and IB just plain sucks and it makes Ninja trader buggy. I have used Ninja trader with other brokers and it went a little smoother. How ever with IB it is just sad. Its like the second I switched to them every where I looked I saw IB users having problems with the link dropping etc etc etc. i think there a great broker I just don't think they work well with ninja trader.

You can see all the work I am having to do just to get ninja trader to work right at this link if you like. This is just basic functionality so I can only imagine the head aches you would face.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=64146&page=3
    Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-27-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Well, i didn't have a choice. For Indian Market, Ninja Trader connects to only Interactive Brokers. There's no other option.
      Anyways, i have traded on NT-IB for about a year. One Strategy-Multi Instruments. Except the part that i think there data-feed sucks big time(i used esignal), the rest was ok.
      Autologoff: yes you have to stay alert & keep on changing auto alert time it u want it switched on 24x7. suppose the autologoff time is set at 4.30 pm, then at 4.15, i would change it to 4.10 pm. and it rolls to next day.
      IB Account Info: i never faced any problem there. Accounts Tab syncs it.
      Syncing account positions: is done at the time of adding New Strategy in Control Center.

Comment

I hear you one of the reason I took IB is the range of markets I could trade.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB