Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick price connection is lost and doesn't restart properly

Hi

I am running Kinetick real time in combination with IB for real time trading. My kinetick connection is lost very frequently, but most of the time is reestablish automatically and starts functioning again.

However, at least twice per day at random times, the "automatic reconnection" doesn't work properly. Here is what happens:

1) Price connection is lost
    2) Price connection is reestablished
    3) NT says the connection is green
    4) However, no price data is received from that point on

When this happens, no charts update, the strategy doesn't process properly, etc.

The only way I can fix it is to manually close all connections and the reconnect to everything.

As you can imagine, this is a killer when I have unattended trading strategies running live.

Can you help me figure out why this is happening? I could live with the disconnections if the reconnection process worked reliably.

Thanks

Hello bridenour,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Please include what date and times it happened last. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Kinetick price connection is lost and doesn't restart properly' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, i manually emailed them over to you since last time it happened was last night...thnx

Comment

I noted this issue on a previous thread...

no really good answer back from support... for some reason, eventhough it is the same data feed as IQFEED, it does not recover in the same way. I have IQFEED and KINETICK running and while IQFEED will recover from a disconnect KINETICK will not...

would love to hear the response to this... I can provide some log files as well if you like..

Comment

Hello ag987654321,

Can you please provide me the ticket number of your previous correspondence with support.

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem. I tried to use the email support function but it didn't go through.

Comment

Hello The Big D,

Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140428 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140428 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

I sent you mail manually.

Comment

Where can I find the ticket number?
                  I sent log files but not sure where to find the specific ticket number?

Comment

You should receive an auto generated response which would contain the ticket number in the subject line. This is usually a 7 digit number.

If you did not get the auto generated response, please try emailing us again without any attachments and we can setup correspondence in that manner.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes