Cumulative Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumulative Delta

I have a Cumulative Delta running from Gomi. I´ve had it running a long time, there has never been a problem until now.

I realize this is a 3rd party indicator set, but it seems strange that it´s working fine apart from on CL and ES... It´s working fine on YM, 6E, GC, just not working on ES and CL.

I have tried doing a new chart but the problem persists. If I change the YM chart (which is working fine) to CL then the Cum Delta goes blank, if I then change it back to YM it shows the correct data again... So it is certainly something to do with the instrument rather than the chart.

Any advice? I just updated Ninja so I am on the latest version.

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your post.

I am testing this on my end and I find that when I switch instruments the indicator's values go blank, but when I switch back to the previous instrument it is still blank. I will need to investigate this further by changing the settings but I do not see what you see where your YM instrument keeps the data.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

What is your RecFormat set to for the GomCD indicator? You can check this by right clicking in your chart and selecting Indicators. Please report this for both your YM and ES charts.

Comment

Maybe you dont have the recorder switched on?

So are you saying that it wont plot at all for your CL but it does start plotting at least for YM?

Comment

Sorry, maybe I havent explained myself. It´s nothing to do with the recording settings, they are both set to record a single file.

The problem is that it will not plot anything at all with CL. It plots fine with YM. It will not plot anything on ES either, it plots fine with 6E, GC, etc. It´s always worked fine for CL and ES in the past.
          Last edited by ScottieDog; 03-27-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your response.

The indicator is plotting on my end for the ES and CL. Please go to your Log tab of the Control Center after using the GomCD on the CL or ES and advise if you are seeing any error messages. In addition, on the Orders tab of the Control Center, is the Bid, Ask and Last data updating for the ES and CL? And what expiries are being used for the two futures? ES 06-14 and CL 05-14?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

OK, yes, there is an error showing in the Log when I flip it to a CL contract. It says the message "Error on calling "onBarUpdate" method for indicator GomCD on bar 2803. Unable to read beyond the end of the stream".... If I then flip it back to YM it loads fine, no error in the log and the gom data shows, if I then flip it back to CL, it gives the same error in the log... etc.

On the orders tab, the bid/ask/last is updating on ES and CL, as well as the others.

Yes, I am using 05 on CL and 06 on ES, current contracts.
              Last edited by ScottieDog; 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Just noticed. GomCDalert isn´t working either, and there is the same error message in the log for that indicator. But again, only on CL and ES...

Why would the OnBarUpdate only be erroring on ES and CL?

Thanks for your assistance. At least I am closer to the issue.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

I am not sure why that error is appearing for the Gom indicators on the ES and CL. Please shut down NinjaTrader --> then go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db --> then delete the 'cache' folder in the 'db' folder --> restart NinjaTrader when complete. Please let me know if the error continues after following these instructions.

Comment

Deleted the cache folder. Error is still the same, on CL and ES.

Comment

Hello Scottie Dog,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 104492

Comment

Sent both log and trace.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for sending in those files.

Please download the latest version of these indicators from the following link and test the indicators again: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/wiki/...ki/GOMRecorder

If the errors repeat please follow up on this matter at the following link: https://www.bigmiketrading.com/elite...html#post78337

Comment

Bit confused to be honest. I updated GOMI only a few months ago, and as far as I know I have the latest 2.6 version.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

You can also try removing the software and then re-importing it back into NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB