Clear All

Getting all IB account values

The help files show that GetAccountValue can acquire
    AccountItem.BuyingPower,
    AccountItem.CashValue,
    AccountItem.RealizedProfitLoss.
    For an Interactive Brokers account
    the control panel Accounts tab shows several other values, for example:
    Excess Equity, Initial Margin, Initial Margin Overnight, Maintenance Margin,
    Maintenance Margin Overnight, Net Liquidation,
    Net Liquidation By Currency, Total Cash Balance.

How do I get these other values?

Hello roland_nt,

Thank you for your post.

It is not supported to find this information.

However, you may try using:
    GetAccountValue(AccountItem.ExcessEquity);

etc...

If you type AccountItem and add the dot, the intellisense will give you all possible options with AccountItem.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB data

Thank you.

Comment

overnight or lookahead ?

hi

Is the Initial Margin Overnight on both the accounts tab and using GetAccountValue not displaying the "lookahead" initial margin instead ? This makes a big difference in some cases if one is trading products that have different closes

Could this be fixed to take the true overnight instead. For manual purposes I can look on the TWS, but I want to improve risk controls into my strategy, e.g. don't do a new trade likely to be held overnight when margin to account value exceeds x%.

Thank you

Comment

Hi curmudgeon,

I am not aware that the GetAccountValue is able to return any margin values. Which AccountItem object are you supplying to GetAccountValue?

Regarding the Accounts tab of the Control Center, you are requesting that the Initial Margin Overnight return the "Look ahead inital margin" value instead?
          So that I may send this request to our developers, may I have screenshot of this value as it appears in TWS?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

hi Chelsea, thanks for the reply.

No I'm asserting the opposite. The field labeled Initial Margin Overnight on the accounts tab is actually the Initial Margin Lookahead. The projected overnight margin is a larger number intraday.

The same figure is returned by GetAccountValue(AccountItem.InitialMarginOvernight ) in a strategy.

Screenshot attached you can see at that time (1pm NYC time) initial margin = initial margin overnight on the NT control center and also equal to the lookahead initial margin, but projected initial margin overnight is a different value on the IB accounts tab.

I've sent a screen shot to the support address but am not enthusiastic about posting even a redacted screenshot on a public forum.

Than you

Comment

Hi curmudgeon,

Thanks for sending the screenshot. I will forward this as a feature request to our development department.

It will be up to our development department to decide to implement this in a future version of NinjaTrader.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries or feature requests you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bmartz
              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses