Still missing ES data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still missing ES data

Well last night I logged on and all the data was there so I figured the problem was fixed but today logged in and the data is missing again. All the way from 3/13-3/20. Tried to reload, restart, reconnect, clear cache etc so I know that the problem is not on my end. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to and what time interval chart you are loading.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i use cqg and kinetick and it"s set to use kinetick for historical.

its on a tick chart...all time frames

Comment

Hello,

So that I may further investigate please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140331.txt' file.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email sent. Just FYI the data is all there as of now.

Comment

Now the data is missing again and when I connect to kinetick, it says error on loading chart data for ES 03-14 Globex: Unable to load historical data:unknown instrument. I dont even have the 03-14 contract on any charts or on the instrument manager so no idea why its even trying to load it. The only one I use is 06-14. When I use CQG everything is fine. This same kind of thing happens every few weeks with kinetick. There's either missing data or else it tries to load the previous contract which isnt loaded on anything. I constantly try to do resets/restarts/reloads of data/ clearing old data etc. I've had enough of this. Going to cancel Kinetick and just use CQG.

Comment

When loading chart data NinjaTrader will merge data from the previous contract therefore there are instances for the previous contract to be displayed within the error.

Are you currently loading a Tick chart with more than 8 days to load when you receive this error?

If so when requesting tick data from Kinetick between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.

Comment

Yes requesting more than 8 days. So does that mean if I try to do a reload of the market data during market hours I lose everything? Everything was on there this morning but I did a reload part way through the day because I lost the connection momentarily and when it did the reload, that's when the problem started.

Comment

When selecting the option "Reload all historical data" this will clear out all data and load new data from the server directly and in this case during exchange hours you will be limited to 8 days.

Comment

OK that must be why I'm having trouble. If I lose my connection in the middle of the day and need to get the historical data from the current day, is there a way to get that up and still keep the data that's older than 8 days?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is not - if any data for the instrument and data type is reloaded the entire set is requested.

Comment

The other issue I have with kinetick is that if there is fast movement (such as when news is released) on the charts, it doesn't get all the tick data. If I do a reload it gets the chart up to date but if I can't even do a reload during regular market hours, then kinetick is basically worthless to me.

Comment

Hello,

So that I may investigate this issue I'd like you to contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140402.txt' file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post usazencort  
                          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                          5 responses