X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 computer with same 3months license

Hi,

it's my first message,

can i have 2 computer with ninjatrader installed with the same 3months license?
    When i trade, i use only one computer with live connection and the other i get demo trade, and it's a backup pc (with the same license).

Thanks

Hello yashin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You can use the same NinjaTrader License Key on two PCs but not at the same time. So you could run one when you are trading live and then the other when you are testing for example.

Comment

Ok,
      but if i set on my 2 PCs the same 3months license, and in the same moment with one i trade with live connection and with the other i trade with demo connection? is it possible?

And another question:i'm in long position , and i have a connection problem, if i call (physically) my broker to flatten everithing because my ninjatrader platform on my pc has a connection problem and "fall" offline (in a moment when i am in long position)... When i return online with ninja, ninja get the old long position or the flat position?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Yashin,

You can not use your Live license more than once at the same time. It doesn't matter if on one computer this is in Live mode and the other in Sim mode. It would be a violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA) and can lead to license and subscription termination.

Furthermore, if you cancel your order directly with your broker when NT is disconnected and you reconnect again, the order will still show up. Best is to exit and restart and the order should be gone. When it isn't this has become a ghost order which will be taken off once the broker recycles their servers. Please don't touch it then but just let it sit.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

for the first question ok, i understand and i don't think about this aspects (EULA).

I ask this because of the second question (to have another pcs with another connection avalaible in case of a connection failure of the first pc, in the last time mi home network has frequent failures).

For the second answer, i understand that in case i call my broker to flatten everything, i have to "click" Flatten everything" option in ninjatrader even if the connection is down, and next restart ninjatrader. In this mode, i can see a consistent state and no order "pending" (in working state,or accepted or others).

Instead, if the order is present yet i have to wait. With OCO order no problem in this case?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Yashin,

There should be no problem with the order as it would be a ghost order. The fact that it has an OCO doesn't affect this. Just make sure not to touch it but just wait until the broker recycles their servers.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok
              thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB