Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic SIM

Guys,

I have this weird scenario so please bear with me while i try to explain......

I’m having some troubles running a strategy on my ninja trader account. I want to SIM trade this strategy before going live. This strategy requires that I 1st have the Kinetic End Of Day Feed running and once that is running then start the Rithmic Feed. When I first start the Kinetic End of Day Feed and I look at my “Accounts” Tab I see SIM101 Kinetic End Of Day (feed) with a cash value of $20,000 (as set up under my tools - options – simulator).
    I then connect to my Rithmic Feed. I now see my Live xxxxxxVisionOptimusFutures Account using the Rithmic Feed as well as my SIM101 Kinetic End Of Day. I DON’T SEE MY xxxxxxVisionOptimusSim account? Why not?

I then set up the strategy on the chart but it will not enable unless I’m running my Live xxxxxxVisionOptimusFutures Account. In the Strategy I can choose which account I want. If I choose the Live xxxxxxVisionOptimusFutures Account, no problem. Strategy will enable TRUE and run. If I select the SIM101 account which seems by default is using the Kinetic End Of Day Feed, no problem. Strategy will enable TRUE and run. BUT If I choose the xxxxxxVisionOptimusSim Account, big problem! Strategy will enable FALSE and not run.

According to the strategy provider no one else in the group is having this issue. Prior to going live (yesterday) I had the same exact issue using the Optimus Demo account (ninja trader).

It seems like if I run Kinetic End of Day feed first the only SIM account I can use is Kinetic and that doesn’t work, I need Kinetic End of Day data to signal a trade but I need Rithmic to execute the trade. Which I can do on live account but not SIM account…………?

Is there something im missing here to make my xxxxxxVisionOptimusSim Account the default SIM101 account?

Thanks
    Clint

Hello Clint,

Have you contacted your broker to see if your username and password for your Vision Account has access to your Vision Sim account as well?

Basically, when you NinjaTrader connects to your broker with your username and password it should pull all of the accounts that the username and password have access to which can include multiple accounts. If your Vision Sim account has a different username and password then you will need to either have them change it to the same username and password so that you can access them both at the same time or create another Account Connection for your Vision Sim account.

Let me know if you are able to see your Vision Sim.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not Sure I follow

HI Mate,

Im not sure I follow exactly BUT if I dont start the Kinetic End Of Day Feed and only start my Rithmic feed I can see two accounts. My Live Optimus Account and a SIM101 account using the Rithmic Feed.

If I start the Kinetic End Of Day account I see SIM101 using the Kinetic End Of Day Feed. I then start Rthmic and I can now see SIM101 Kinetic End Of Day Feed and my Live Optimus Account using the Rithmic Feed.

I created a new SIM account but its the same thing. If i start Kinetic End Of Day first any SIM account is automatically connected to the Kinetic End Of Day Feed...............

.................This wont work for me right?

I need the Kinetic End Of Day Feed to supply the correct bars and i need the Rithmic feed to actually execute the trade(s).......right?

Thanks
      Clint

Comment

Hi Clint,

Connecting first to Kinetick's EOD service then to Rithmic does allow you to see both the Sim101 account and your brokerage account, correct? This is the setup which I would recommend you use as it should operate in exactly the way you need based on the information which you provided.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not working

Hi Kyle,

I can see the SIM101 account but it says its Kinetic End Of Day Feed. I can see my Live Rithmic account with my live balance. However I need the trade to execute on my Rithmic SIM101 dont I? Or can Kinetic End Of Day execute trades? (I dont think so....can it).

Today i got a buy signal from the strategy but it failed to process and again i assume its because its tried to send the order on Kinetics End Of Day. Please see attached.

Then the strategy just switched off.

Just to clarify. The strategy provider asks that Kinetic End Of Day feed is started first becuase the strategy requires complete and proper end of day bars. Then start my providers feed, which in my case is OptimusFutures/Rithmic, as the trade needs to execute on my providers feed (makes sense). However as soon as I start Kinetic EOD it defaults to the Kinetic EOD feed for SIM101 and that is the ONLY option I have for SIM101.

Thx
          Clint
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Clint,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Typically, it should not matter if you connect to the "Kinetick - End of Day (Free)" first but with the "WilliamsCrudeOildStrategy" to work properly you would not want to connect to the "Kinetick - End of Day (Free)" connection only your Rithmic connection.

Any connection that you make will bring up the Sim101 account but you will just want to connect to the providers in the order that you want the data to come in and that strategy requires your main data feed to be connected first.

Let me know if you are able to use it with just the Rithmic connection.

Comment

HI JC,

Unfortunately, according to the strategy provider, Kinetic End Of Day must be running first. I dont really understad the nuances to be honest but I guess the signal is based on the real actual end of day and not a live moving daily bar if you know what I mean.

But if this is how Ninja Trader works, then they are not telling me something. They claim other students have no such issue on another broker. But I dont think that can be the case???

They want to use the Kinetic End of Day data to generate the signal but the trade to be placed via our actual broker. I suspect this works fine if I use my live account as I can see that account to select (along with Kinetic EOD SIM101). But this means there is no Rithmic Feed SIM101 if Kinetic is the first feed.

Have i summed that up correctly? Cos i have to go back to strategy provider and tell them they are full of ****e.

Thx
              Clint

Comment

Hello Clint,

This will only change how Daily Data is received inside of NinjaTrader and not how the Sim101 accounts works itself.

Daily Data is controlled by the Provider inside of NinjaTrader which most provider give RTH data and Kinetick will give ETH data which may be the reason that they require this.

I am not familiar with the WilliamsCruideOilStrategy but have you checked with them to see if they do not allow the strategy to run on the Sim101 account by chance?

Comment

I dont know.................this is getting so confusing, I dont know whether im not explaining it correctly or I simply dont understand it anymore.

WHATS REQUIRED
                  1. Run Kinetic EOD Free account (first)
                  2. Run Rithmic account (second)
                  3. Open Daily CL chart
                  4. Run Strategy on SIM account before trying on live account

WHAT IM SEEING ON MY PLATFORM (after completing the above tasks)
                  1. Under my Accounts tab i see SIM101 with connection Kinetic - End Of Day (Free)
                  2. Under my Accounts tab I se xxxxVision!OPtimusFutures (my live account) with connection Rithmic (and my account balance)
                  3. When i enable the strategy to true it starts up nicely but when it gets a signal to trade it attempts to place it on the SIM101 Kinetic EOD (free) account and obviously this cant execute a trade and i get an error message.
                  4. I have no access to a SIM101 account using Rithmic Feed (which is available if i dont run the Kinetic EOD free account first)
                  5. In the strategy itself i can see 3 accounts i can select from. (a) SIM101 (b) xxxxVision!OptimusFutures (live account) (c) 999999!VisionOptimusFutures (demo/dummy account)
                  6. If I use SIM101 Kinetic EOD free the strategy will run but cant place a trade
                  7. If I use xxxxVision!OptimusFutures (live account) strategy will run and I believe trades will execute successfully.....although I have not tried it
                  8. If i select 999999!VisionOptimusFutures (demo/dummy account) the strategy will not not run (defaults to false). Im assuming because this account does not appear under my Accounts Tab

WHAT IM ASKING
                  1. Is this all normal?
                  2. Will I never be able to use SIM101 using Rithmic Feed if i run the Kinetic End OF Day Free feed first? Why not?
                  3. Strategy provider claims other subscribers are using the same setup as WHATS REQUIRED and are doing so successfully.....?

Thanks
                  Clint

Comment

Hello Clint,

Thanks for the detailed information and your patience.

So I believe that they are referring to the SIM account as your Demo/Dummy account through Vision. Which will be act like your live account and be able to submit orders but still be in a SIM or Demo environment.

Can you connect to your Demo/Dummy account and activate your strategy on this account? Note that it sounds like you will have to connect using a different username and password since you do not have access to it when connecting to your Live account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses