Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export multiple instruments

Hi,

Is it possible to export historical data for multiple instruments at once?

Thanks

Hello q_Trader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

You would only be able to export one instrument at a time with NinjaTrader's Historical Data Manager.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cal,

Actually I have another, partially unrelated, question.

I'm using Ninja with Amp and getting data off CQG, but I can't figure out which time zone the data is in.

I'm based in the UK, and I see the opening for bunds being at 6am in the exported data and at 7am in the chart (in European time it should be at 8am now)

For 6E exported data seems to be in UK time but the chart in European time.

I'm a bit confused. I know there is the Session Manager but not sure if it applies the same settings to all the instruments? And in any case bunds data seems inconsistent, with an opening time that is neither European time nor UK time.

Thanks
      Last edited by q_trader; 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

When exporting data the data will automatically be formatted to UTC time zone then will be adjusted to the local PC clock time during the import process.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Exporting and Importing data:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          When exporting data the data will automatically be formatted to UTC time zone then will be adjusted to the local PC clock time during the import process.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Exporting and Importing data:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ta_manager.htm
          This explains it, thanks.

Is there a way to turn off this automatically adjustment when exporting? I'd like to directly compare my data on the outside with the data on the inside.

Thanks

Comment

Currently there is not an option to export data with the local PC time zone however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
              Hello q_Trader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

You would only be able to export one instrument at a time with NinjaTrader's Historical Data Manager.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance
              Hi,

Just thought of this - would it be possible for me to write some code through the API to export multiple instruments at once?
              I.e. can I just write some C# to do it or there are constraints given by the NT extra layer?

Thanks

Comment

Currently access thru the API is not supported however I have included a few links below to reference samples of how to write to a text file.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  Currently access thru the API is not supported however I have included a few links below to reference samples of how to write to a text file.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3475
                  Thanks Christopher, I have imported the script from the second example "SampleStreamWriter_NT7.zip "

How do I run it?

Say that I have a certain historical data contract in the historical manager, how do I run it on that one (and possibly on different ones as well without having to change much)?

I tried to open a chart and "load the indicator", but nothing happens...would be cool if there is some command I can run.
                  Maybe writing a fake strategy with the "indicator" would do the trick?

Thanks very much!

Comment

Currently this will only write information for data that is within the chart and cannot be applied within the Historical Data Manager.

When applied nothing will be visible within the chart however you can find the text file in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder and will be listed as "MyTestFile.txt".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                    Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes