Interactive Brokers and IEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers and IEX

Michael Lewis's Flash Boys has created a poo storm. Last Sunday night he was featured on 60 minutes with details about IEX. IEX is a new exchange which is immune to high frequency trading (HFT) algorithms taking from the pockets of ordinary investors. There was a news frenzy on CNBC and Bloomberg this week.

By April 3, 2014, last Thursday, Interactive Brokers had announced their support for IEX. TradeStation has done so also. They are both smart because I think the public is angry about this issue - HFT stealing from regular investors. IB and Tradestation are getting lots of press about their support for IEX.

Consider this my formal request that NinjaTrader similarly leverage this situation for themselves by quickly issuing a hot release that supports routing orders through IEX as an exchange for use with the IB data connection. Does anybody second my motion?

NT - Please do the right thing - and quickly!

Rich

Originally posted by richtobey View Post
    Michael Lewis's Flash Boys has created a poo storm. Last Sunday night he was featured on 60 minutes with details about IEX. IEX is a new exchange which is immune to high frequency trading (HFT) algorithms taking from the pockets of ordinary investors. There was a news frenzy on CNBC and Bloomberg this week.

By April 3, 2014, last Thursday, Interactive Brokers had announced their support for IEX. TradeStation has done so also. They are both smart because I think the public is angry about this issue - HFT stealing from regular investors. IB and Tradestation are getting lots of press about their support for IEX.

Consider this my formal request that NinjaTrader similarly leverage this situation for themselves by quickly issuing a hot release that supports routing orders through IEX as an exchange for use with the IB data connection. Does anybody second my motion?

NT - Please do the right thing - and quickly!

Rich
    Once IB technically supports it, it is likely that it is incorporated into their smart route technology which then by default will be supported by NinjaTrader. In addition, we would add support for IEX as an exchange if their API supports it.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello AntiMatter,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are able to access these in Interactive Brokers I would recommend trying to map them in NinjaTrader.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
      Press the "New" button
      *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (at this time use Default)
      Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
      Press the "OK" button

If this does not work please provide me the symbol mapping of an instrument you are attempting to add and I will see if I can test it on my end.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How would the symbol mapping look for exchange IEX on IB?

e.g. should it be something like MSFT.IEX ?

Comment

Hello AntiMatter,

Thanks for your post.

So I may assist further please load this instrument in Traders Workstation
          Next right click on the instrument and press the arrow at the bottom of the drop down menu
          Select Contract Info> Description
          Please post a screen shot of the description page

Comment

see attached
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello AntiMatter,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to test this on my end however from the screenshot it looks like the symbol mapping should just be MSFT|IEX
              If this does not work please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum post and we can set up a call to set this up and test on your system.

Comment

Hey guys,

although the topic is from 2014 I have exactly the same problem. I am also at IB and tried to name the symbolmapping "MSFT|IEX" as mentioned by Brandon (Screenshot 1-3). The order is stuck as "Pending submit" (also see NT Log). IEX isn't listed as exchange in NT. To figure out, whether this is the reason, I also, I tried another one:

Just changing in MISC the symbolmapping to "MSFT|Island" didn't work either. However, when also making a checkmark for Island as exchange in DEFINTION the order is sent via TWS to the Island exchange without problems.
                As I am getting data for bith, IEX and Island, and the only difference is the checkmark under exchange I think the problem lies there.

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this issue.
                Have a nice weekend!
                cNuuuuuu
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello cNuuuuuu,
                  Thanks for your post.
                  If these settings are not working for you I would recommend writing into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with details about your inquiry and requesting a remote call so we can test this working on your system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                  0 responses