• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong execution price reported by NT 7.0

Hello,

I just encountered the following problem:
    I buy 7 contracts of ZW 05-14, and get the following (taken from NT log):

Order='2049529571/XXXXX' Name='PredEntry2725' New state=Working Instrument='ZW 05-14' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=7 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
    Order='2049529571/XXXXX' Name='PredEntry2725' New state=PartFilled Instrument='ZW 05-14' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=7 Type=Market Filled=1 Fill price=671 Error=NoError Native error=''
    Execution='ZW 05-14/0000ee6c.5341dc22.01.01' Instrument='ZW 05-14' Account='XXXXX' Exchange=ECbot Price=6.71 Quantity=1 Market position=Long Operation=Insert Order='2049529571' Time='07-Apr-14 10:30:25'

As you can see, the reported execution price is smaller by the factor of 100. This incorrect price is also shown on the chart, which makes it too look like total mess.
    I'm using TWS to connect to IB. I'm also executing other contracts through the same connection without any problems of this kind.

All orders are executed and managed via NT script.

Please assist.

Thanks!

Hello gena72,

Thank you for your forum post.

Unfortunately this is an expected situation when connecting to Interactive Brokers and using Instruments such as ZC, ZW and ZS.

This is a known issue effecting only some IB account where execution confirmations on the above instruments are sent with a improperly formatted decimal.

We have submitted this situation to Interactive Brokers development team and await on the IB side to correct this situation.

More information was posted on the following support forum thread:
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. Very unfortunate. The correct price is still reported in the IOrder status, though, and i can use it in my script. The question is, will NT be able to manage this position correctly afterwards (charts issues aside)?

Comment

Hello gena72,

Thank you for the follow up.

The execution report which we is used for the Position.AvgPrice comes back from Interactive Brokers in a different format which makes position reporting inaccurate.

NinjaTrader expects the execution report to have the same format as the instrument and due to this situation this is simply not the case on these instruments.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post z.franck  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes