X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea, my charts are ok now.
    I have downloaded the last 180 days up to 07.04.2014 on my computer for ES and 6E

So the issue should not return i guess.

Regards,

Rob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Rob,

You can prevent this error from appearing again by having the data up to the last 8 days already downloaded to your PC. Or you can prevent this by limiting your historical data to 8 days during the hours of 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM Eastern Time.

This was likely not an issue before, because you were running NinjaTrader on a different computer that had this data already downloaded.

If you have the tick data downloaded now, it will be used moving forward. As long as there are no gaps in data at any point 8 days before today's date, then you should not get errors.

However, I am still confused about the 6E data. Are you still getting an error for this instrument?
    This data looked like it was already downloaded and this should not be giving you an error. I would like to see what days you have downloaded in March to see if there are any gaps in the data in March. To view this, I will need to you to expand March in the historical data for 6E. You can do this by clicking the plus "+" next to March.

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

another question;

i downloaded via historical dat manager, download 180 days of 6E and 180 days of ES.
    Is that stored now and should i be ok now?

Regards,

Rob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

how can i prevent this now from happening again?
    And why wasn't this an issue ever before?

Rob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by robje737; 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Rob,

You should be able to get 180 days.

This issue is caused by you not having the historical data downloaded already and IQFeed not offering this data during trading hours.

After 4:30 PM you will have access to 180 days of historical tick data. From 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data.

As far as the 6E goes, this data is already on the machine.

Can you expand March for the 6E 03-14?

May I see the error message you are getting with the 6E?

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

the data seems to be loading again, at least 175 days now.
    I will try 365 as well.

What has caused this issue exactly, this hurts trading big time!. Lost $60.000 because of this issue already..

regards,

Rob

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hi robje737,

The data missing on the ES 03-14 contract from January to March does explain the error you are getting. The data is not on your machine and you are not able to download this from IQFeed and thus you are getting this error. Once you have downloaded this data at least once, it should pull from your cached data from that point forward.

I am fairly certain that you will be able to download this data after 4:30 PM Eastern today.

Regarding the 6E chart. This is a bit more confusing. The data does appear to be here for the 6E.

Can you expand March for the 6E 03-14?

May I see the error message you are getting with the 6E?

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    extra material 6e
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

weird something is wrong indeed, march 2014 isn't here.
    I also have problems with my 6E data, same issue.

Rgds,

Rob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello robje737,

The screenshots show that you would have an exported data file with ES 03-14 with data from August 28th to September 3rd 2013. However, this does not show that this data is in NinjaTrader.

Also this data would be for the ES 09-13 contract.

May I have a screenshot of your Historical Data Manager that shows that you have this data in NinjaTrader?

I also want to see that you have the data for the ES 03-14 time period which is December 12th 2013 to March 13th 2014.

To do this:
    • Click Tools -> Historical Data Manager... -> select the Edit tab
    • Click the plus "+" to expand ES 03-14 -> expand Last -> expand Tick -> expand March 2014
    • Take a screenshot of this window

Also, if you are setting up NinjaTrader new on a new machine such as a VPS, then this data will not have been downloaded yet. This would essentially be the same as if it was deleted. In other words the data does not exist to pull from the local computer.

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

that would be normally correct, but i have downloaded new NT7 on March 14th , since i transferred al my stuff to a new dedicated server at external datacentre. So it had to be build data and store it as of March 2014.

Never deleted anything.

Attached the screenshots

rads,

Rob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hi robje737,

My thoughts are that you have been opening your chart often enough that the data is being stored on your local machine, which is why you are able to open the chart without issue previously.

Have you deleted the historical data in NinjaTrader at any point?

May I have a screenshot of the Historical Data Manager with the ES 03-14 -> Last -> Tick -> March expanded?

Also, please do the same for the ES 06-14 -> Last -> Tick -> March.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-07-2014, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

that can't be the issue.
    I have used, for over a year or so, charts with 365 days loaded, never an issue, till about 17:51 today.
    My data suddenly went nuts and i can't even load 03-14 which is only less than 30 days ago..

Rgds,

Rob

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hi robje737,

Thanks for that info.

Renko would be your interval, such as Renko 8. Renko bars use tick data as the underlying data type.

IQFeed does limit the amount of historical tick data offered during the hours of 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Time to 8 days.

Try loading this data after 4:30 PM Eastern. At that point you should get 180 days of historical tick data.

Let me know if you do not get 180 days of tick data (or Renko bars) after 4:30 PM Eastern today.

Leave a comment:

• robje737
    replied
    Chelsea,

i used two charts, renko bar at 5 ticks and 20 ticks.

Attached a screenshot.

Rgds,

Rob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post mattbsea