Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum chart compression reached?

Hi,

I want to trade in 1 tick-Charts with Line on close. My data provider supports tick data.
    Now I would like to compress the Chart view more than it seems to be possible with Zoom-Out (already greyed out), Ctrl + Up, or Mouse etc.

An example screenshot is attached. It seems to be the maximum compression on my computer but I want to see more data on the Screen at the same time. It's possible to use the scroll bar below the Chart to change the part of Chart history but this doesn't help.

Is there a way to compress the horizontal axis more than in the screenshot attached?To see more at once?

Thank you very much!
    Malte
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Have you compressed the X-Axis? If not please use the steps below compress and expand the time on the X-Axis.
    • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
    • Hold down your left mouse button
    • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
    • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Navigating a Chart within NinjaTrader 7.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I tried it. It doesn't work.
      At this Point there is no additional movement possible (Keyboard Ctrl+ ArrowUp the same).

If I try the opposite direction it works, but I can go back only as far as I was before and that's not enough for me.

Comment

Unfortunately the only other option available at this time would be to expand the size of the chart to display additional data. I have also forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What often works for me to get max compression...if you have overnight data included in your chart, scroll back to some thin area in the chart, then reset your chart period by typing in the data series box....this will often give a max compression not seen before....if you do not have an area of thin data, expand your chart to full window size...then reset the chart period....this will sometimes work to get more compression.

Last edited by Alfred; 04-09-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses
          1 view