Buy and Sell arrow positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy and Sell arrow positions

I am revising a strategy's real time performance and the location of the arrows indicating a buy and sell seems very unusual. In many cases I see the buy and sell arrows occupy the same bar, there is still the dotted line indicating the gain or loss but it is vertical at that bar location. Under the trades tab of strategy performance the Bars column indicates numerous bars and the entry and exit times do not concur with what is displayed on the chart. Is this a display issues or could a be missing something? Thanks

Hello Chris001,

Thank you for your post.

Is this a tick based chart? You can find information on how the trade executions are plotted at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._are_plott.htm

Comment

Hi Patrick,

It is a tick based chart. I think from the two examples the first is the most likely, I doubt it is the second example as no slippage has occurred. So if it is a matter of syncing my PC clock with the data feed, how can this be done?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Chris001,

Thank you for your response.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
        • You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
        • Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes