Multiple Brokerage Connections: Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Brokerage Connections: Limits

If I want to trade 3 separate brokerage accounts simultaneously what are the possible connections I can use? I don't want to use IB.
    Looks like more than one Continuum is ruled out by Ninja? Why is this?
    Can I have one Continuum & two Rithmic?

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to connect to two separate Continuum or Rithmic accounts at the same time. The API's which are used to connect will allow only one username/password login. Provided that all accounts share the same username/password it would be possible to connect NinjaTrader to multiple accounts with either provider however.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,
      Thanks for the reply.
      Please tell me what 3 connections I can use simultaneously, one being Continuum.
      Each account will have a different username & passwd.
      Last edited by saturntd; 04-08-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hello,

For example Continuum, Trading Technologies and Rithmic could be used together.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With NT8 can I connect to multiple Rithmic accounts?

Comment

saturntd, thank you for posting back up.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to connect to two separate Continuum or Rithmic accounts at the same time. The API's which are used to connect will allow only one username/password login. Provided that all accounts share the same username/password it would be possible to connect NinjaTrader to multiple accounts with either provider however.
            For the comment above, the same goes for NinjaTarder 8. If you would like, I can submit a feature request to support multiple Rithmic connections.

If questions come up or if we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am apparently missing/misreading something

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

In your statement it for me is contradictory?

"not possible to connect to two separate Continuum or Rithmic accounts at the same time."

"Provided that all accounts share the same username/password it would be possible to connect NinjaTrader to multiple accounts with either provider however"

What am I missing?
              TIA

Comment

billywantstoknowl, thank you for posting.

You're not able to connect two separate instances of Rithmic or Continuum (CQG-based technology) at the same time. For example, if you attempt to connect to Rithmic and then you attempt to connect to Rithmic again in NinjaTrader, you will receive an error message stating that this is not possible to do. Now if one single connection contains two accounts, then they should show up once you connect to the Rithmic account connection.

Comment

glad I use MC

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
                  billywantstoknowl, thank you for posting.

You're not able to connect two separate instances of Rithmic or Continuum (CQG-based technology) at the same time. For example, if you attempt to connect to Rithmic and then you attempt to connect to Rithmic again in NinjaTrader, you will receive an error message stating that this is not possible to do. Now if one single connection contains two accounts, then they should show up once you connect to the Rithmic account connection.
                  Thanks
                  So if I use IQFeed which allows as many connections per 1 user account as I need to whichever platform I chose Do you honor that or is there another asterisk somewhere-lol?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
                    saturntd, thank you for posting back up.

For the comment above, the same goes for NinjaTarder 8. If you would like, I can submit a feature request to support multiple Rithmic connections.

If questions come up or if we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
                    RileyS please submit an enhancement request to allow multiple connections of same account type. I'll bet a lot of people thought this was going to be in NT8 & are now disappointed.

Comment

saturntd, thank you for your feedback.

The tracking ID for the feature request you suggested is SFT-2292

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Kaledus
                      by Kaledus

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                      13 responses