XP to Win 7 NT App/Data Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP to Win 7 NT App/Data Migration

Hi, I have a new Win7 pc and need to install NT and get the data files transferred from my old Win XP pc. Can someone point me to a link for the instructions? Also any advice for what to look out for when going from the 32 bit version to the 64 bit version of NT would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello DeskTroll,

You can transfer your settings and data on the new machine as follows.

Please create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below for the items you like.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the new machine at the exact same location.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your backup file.

If you have 3rd party indicators/stratgies, you will need to install them fresh on the new machine. A backup file will not be able to transfer them.

Please go to Control Center-->Help-->About on the new machine to check what machine ID is listed. Subsequently contact the 3rd party vendor and provide them the machine ID, so they can enable their indicators for the new machine.

Once enabled, please install the indicator as you did on the old machine.

When NinjaTrader 7 is installed on a 64 bit operating system, it will install two icons. One will run NinjaTrader in 32 bit, the other runs NinjaTrader in 64 bit. You will have access to all the same settings and data.

I recommend to run NinjaTrader 7 in 64 bit. If you run it in 32 bit, there is a limitation on how much RAM you can use by Windows. However not all broker technologies support 64 bit. Please see the link below to see which ones support 64 bit.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, I currently use Rithmic/Dorman for live trades, since Zenfire is on the provider list does that mean Rithmic supports 64 bit as well?

Comment

Yes, Rithmic is supported in 64 bit.

Comment

Thanks Jason, One related question. When looking at the indicators under "Edit Ninjascript" I notice that a few 3rd party indicators are not listed while others are, I was going to copy them so I could transfer them after migrating to the new pc. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for them?

Comment

I suggest to contact the 3rd party vendor for new installation files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            13 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post GussJ
            by GussJ

Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            0 responses