Help choosing a portable computer for Ninja Trader download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help choosing a portable computer for Ninja Trader download

I am a trucker. I have a lap top with a powerful processor that I take with me on the road.
    But, for one thing, I worry that all the bouncing around in the truck will damage my expensive lap top. And also, I need something easier to use. I would prefer something like a tablet.
    What I like about tablets is there is no lid to keep opening and closing. The screen is always viewable and accessible. Are there any tablets that will run Ninja Trader. I should mention, I am only interested in using it for Market Replay on the road, not live-data. But I just want a smaller computer that is tablet-like. The Windows Surface has the type of features I am looking for. The keyboard can be removed which would make it very convenient for me. But is it powerful enough? I know there are probably threads on what the system requirements are for NT, but I'll be darned if I can find one.

Hello patpat,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader runs on any Windows system that can run the .Net framework. This includes tablets that can run the Microsoft .Net framework. As long as you meet our minimum requirements you are good to go. As far as native tablet support this is something that is on development list to look into there is unfortunately no details on if or when something like this would be available at this time.

• Windows XP (SP3 Required), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 2003 Operating System
    • Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
    • Minimum P4 Processor or higher
    • 2GB RAM
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s or can be downloaded from our installation guide)

Please let me know if you'd like any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes