Time Difference between Chart & Acct Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Difference between Chart & Acct Performance

I have NinjaScript code which Launches AtmStrategies, I am running in simulation. I've noticed that there is a time shift of a few minutes (about 5 or 6) between the Time on the chart and its associated Time stamp as posted in AccountPerformance. This occurs on every trade every day. As I prepare to go live I want to resolve this.

The PC clock is set to auto sync with internet time (Although I get permission error if I try to change the sync schedule). The PC matches eBay time, so I think the time sync is working.

Ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Does this time discrepancy happen with market orders you make manually?

Are you entering the position with a limit, stop market, or stop limit order?

Are you viewing the trades on another chart and this is not matching what is in the Account Performance tab? Also, may we have screenshots of this?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
    http://take-a-screenshot.org/
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The attached file shows the discrepancy when using Market orders.

My NinjaScript code uses Limit Orders. On Volume Charts. The discrepancy is the same.

Since I noticed this (weeks ago) I have deleted the NinjaTrader.sdf file and restarted to create new. I have reset the Simulation accounts, Repaired the DataBase, Reset the database, but no change.

If you don't see an easy fix, I'll uninstall/reinstall NT. You might suggest best way to do so.
      Attached Files

Comment

I just submitted Market orders while observing the PC clock. The times reported in Account match the PC time. But the Chart time is approx 5 Minutes ahead.

So the discrepancy seems to be the Chart time not matching the PC clock.

Comment

Hi tquinn,

Try clearing your chart cache and historical data and try making a new order.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache data:
          • Close NinjaTrader
          • Open (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/db/cache/
          • Delete all files within this folder
          • Go up one directory to the /db/ folder
          • Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
          • Restart NinjaTrader
          • Connect

Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied to see if you are able to load a chart.

This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers. After everything has loaded please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to experience a slow load time.

Let me know if you have the same issue and we'll set up a call.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Since my last post I've been investigating the Windows Time Sync. The "Internet Time" was not actually getting done. It showed that it was scheduled, but the Time service was not actually able to run.

I think it is all fixed now. NOT an NT issue, just confusing and difficult Windows issues.

Comment

Tquinn, I am experiencing the same problem, could you please point me in the right direction for what you did with internet time. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses
              1 view