Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph Issue: Two bars are consolidated into One single bar

Hi,

I am posting data to NJ through a VBA macro of excel file. As a result, the values for OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE and VOLUME gets saved in Historical Data of NJ and also the generated chart gets refreshed or show the bars for new row. Now I am facing the below issue, which occurs randomly and not every time.

I have attached 2 images to illustrate this issue.

In image C-1 The number of rows in Excel are 30 and the number of rows in the .txt file are 29 which is correct as per my implementation.But if you look at the chart in image C-2 the number of rows are only 26 meaning that it's missing 3 bars or 3 rows of data.
    The first and third and forth white vertical lines(counting from the left) are the areas at which two bars are consolidated into one bar i.e. row 3 & 4 make one bar , rows 22 & 23 make one bar and rows 27 & 28 make one bar for a total of 3 bars while there should be 6 bars.

I am unable to understand this inconsistent behaviour. Kindly let me know if this is a feature or bug or limitation of NJ.

Regards,
    S.M.Yaseen.
    Attached Files

smyaseen, so that resulting text file you import through NT's Historical Data Manager? For intraday import only 1 min would be supported here (from which your other minute based charts would be build then).

So my suggestion would be retrying with a 1 minute data format.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re: Graph Issue: Two bars are consolidated into One single bar

Hi,

Actually I have a master file which has historical data of around 7 years. Now whenever I put data in excel sheet and run the macro, every generated row in excel is copied to the master file, and simultaneously (in the same loop) posted to the NJ programmatically using NJClient.dll methods. The data I post from excel contains 5 mins difference and hence the same interval is set for graph as well i.e. 5mins.

I have checked the check in NJ-->Tools-->Options-->Data--> "Save Chart Data as Historical Data". In this way, not only my graph is updated, but the same is saved in Historical Data as well. The data saved in that is perfectly OK, but randomly the bars get consolidated for any of the 2 rows. I am unable to understand the reason since the behaviour is not consistent and happens once in a while.

Regards,
      S.M.Yaseen.

Comment

smyaseen, 5 minute is not optimal and supported to work with here as interval, NinjaTrader build all minute based chart from 1 min data. In addition to that your data will be locally timestamped by NT if you feed via the Last method of the dll interface, so here an accurate clock would be paramount to get most accurate results. Any historical backfill though would be best done via importing a txt file through our Historical Data Manager interface.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes