Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error loading Opening range indicator.

Hi all,

I had importing an indicator and tried to open it. But I couldn't find the indicator anywhere.

I am trying to open BTOpeningRange indicator. It will plot range from 8.30 AM to 8.45 AM. I applied mine but nothing comes out. I thought it is because of my local timing. I changed the indicator start and end timing. But no use as well.

I have two attachments. chart0005 is the one which doesn't load. chart0007 is the one which is what the indicator should look like. I have box-ed up my chart0005 to show the area which should show the indicator but doesn't show.

Anyone can help me here?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wqwave; 04-15-2014, 06:20 AM.

Hello wqwave,

Sorry, but there are no attachments in your post.

Where did you find this indicator?

I assume the indicator is present in the Indicator menu after you imported it. However when you apply it in a chart, it does not plot anything. Do you see any error messages in the Control Center-->Log-tab?

Could it be the indicator is not plotted because it is not setup correctly in the Indicator menu? Unfortunately I do not have this indicator on my end nor did I create the indicator, so I am not sure how to configure it. Please check with the creator of the indicator if you configured the indicator properly.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Failed to set property 'EndTime' for indicator 'BTOpeningRange': Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I got the above message for both 'EndTime' and 'StartTime'. on the logs.. Not sure how i can solve this..

Comment

After restarting Ninja trader, I am getting the error below. Is there something wrong with my SQL?

15-Apr-14 8:53:32 PM Default Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.BTOpeningRange'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.

Comment

Originally posted by wqwave View Post
          Failed to set property 'EndTime' for indicator 'BTOpeningRange': Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I got the above message for both 'EndTime' and 'StartTime'. on the logs.. Not sure how i can solve this..
          You will get that error if you improperly set the time in the indicator parameters.
          What the indicator needs is for you to enter the time like 8:45 AM. Most likely you need the colon between the 8 and the 45.

I entered 845 and produced the error you noticed.

Comment

Tasker.. Thanks for the reply. I tried 8:00 AM and 8:15 AM it still throw the error message from the log. May I know what settings you set that made it work?

Thanks.

Comment

Attached is a screen shot. I don't use this indicator but happened to remember that i had downloaded it some time ago. The times don't have any special meaning but the format is all important as the indicator does not error check for bad input.
              Attached Files

Comment

The default format isn't able to work... Out of the box it should work.

Take a look at my screen.. The format looks fine to me. Do you think you can try to change the input to ES 06-14 (2000 Tick) and help me test?

Attached Files

Comment

Before I do that, why don't you apply it to a time based chart such as a 1 minute.

Comment

Sigh.. Not sure why.. It is still having error when I tried to use it on 5min chart.

Seems to be my ninjatrader problem. I have already re-installed ninjatrader but to no avail.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello wqwave,

I am happy to test as well. However I am not sure where you found this indcator. I cannot find it on our support forum when I search for "BTOpeningRange".

In addition, please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1056258' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Sigh.. Not sure why.. It is still having error when I tried to use it on 5min chart.

Seems to be my ninjatrader problem. I have already re-installed ninjatrader but to no avail.
                        That is unfortunate. You might want to remove the indicator and download a clean version of it and start again.

Regardless, The indicators performance on non-time based charts, especially when set with CalcOnbarVlose=true, will be erratic. This is because it is only checking the reference time when the bar closes. Tick bars in your example will only close after 2000 contracts have processed regardless of time. You could change it to COBC = false but that adds to the PC processor load.

Comment

Is there a way to remove the indicator from Ninjatrader platform? Or I have to remove it from ninjatrader's document folder?

Comment

You can remove indicators at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator.

Comment

Is there a way to remove the indicator from Ninjatrader platform? Or I have to remove it from ninjatrader's document folder?
                              More than one answer here but easiest is to simply import indicator again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                              10 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton