• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting to multi data feeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to multi data feeds

Hello,

I have a multi broker key, and am using a Continuum and CQG connection.

However when I attempt to connect them both here is the message I get:

If I connect to CQG first, then attempt to connect to Continuum my message says I can only have one Continuum adapter running at a time.

And if I connect to Continuum first then attempt to connect to CQG the message say I can only connect to one CQG adapter at one time.

I purchased the multi broker because I thought I had received very clear instruction that I could run both data feeds at the same time.

I

Hello mdblythe,

Thanks for your post.

Both Continuum and CQG use the same API technology for a connection and the API only allows a single instance to run at a time resulting in only one connection at a time. It would not be possible to connect to a CQG and Continuum account at the same time. You would need to switch between the 2 connections.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you, one more question. If I place a trade with an ATM strategy on connection "A", but then disconnect from "A" to move over to the other connection "B", will the ATM still work on"A"?

Comment

Hello mdblythe,

Thanks for your reply.

This will depend on the ATM strategy and who you are connected to.
        For any ATM Strategies with a Stop Strategy you would need to be connected for the Stop Strategy to function.
        If you place an ATM order with a limit/ stop limit/ stop market order NinjaTrader must be connected to activate the ATM when filled.
        For the OCO functionality of the ATM strategy to function you would need to be connected to a provider who supports server side OCO. CQG and Continuum offer server side OCO.

Below I have provided a link showing what providers offer server side OCO.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by NT-Roland, Today, 04:36 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post NT-Roland  
        Started by Newtrader101, Today, 03:40 PM