Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to multi data feeds

Hello,

I have a multi broker key, and am using a Continuum and CQG connection.

However when I attempt to connect them both here is the message I get:

If I connect to CQG first, then attempt to connect to Continuum my message says I can only have one Continuum adapter running at a time.

And if I connect to Continuum first then attempt to connect to CQG the message say I can only connect to one CQG adapter at one time.

I purchased the multi broker because I thought I had received very clear instruction that I could run both data feeds at the same time.

I

Hello mdblythe,

Thanks for your post.

Both Continuum and CQG use the same API technology for a connection and the API only allows a single instance to run at a time resulting in only one connection at a time. It would not be possible to connect to a CQG and Continuum account at the same time. You would need to switch between the 2 connections.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you, one more question. If I place a trade with an ATM strategy on connection "A", but then disconnect from "A" to move over to the other connection "B", will the ATM still work on"A"?

Comment

Hello mdblythe,

Thanks for your reply.

This will depend on the ATM strategy and who you are connected to.
        For any ATM Strategies with a Stop Strategy you would need to be connected for the Stop Strategy to function.
        If you place an ATM order with a limit/ stop limit/ stop market order NinjaTrader must be connected to activate the ATM when filled.
        For the OCO functionality of the ATM strategy to function you would need to be connected to a provider who supports server side OCO. CQG and Continuum offer server side OCO.

Below I have provided a link showing what providers offer server side OCO.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes