Rejected: There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcoheimann View Post
    Thank you sledge. I know that markets are closed, but why does that mean that i can't enable a strategy? When I enabled the same strategy on ZS it did not throw the error. If a market is closed should't NT just calculate on the historical data and wait until market opens?
    No idea, I've never tried that. Hopefully NT_support hops in.

Comment

Hello marcoheimann,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when there is little to no volume on the instrument you are attempting to enable the strategy on.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello marcoheimann,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when there is little to no volume on the instrument you are attempting to enable the strategy on.
        Hey guys - I'm currently running into the same problem on the daily EUR/USD. Execution goes against the 2nd series which is a minute interval.

Details: 9/27/2014 3:59:53 PM Order Kinetick, There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. affected Order: BuyToCover 103305 Stop @ 1.2901

I was working on a strategy and at that point it went long and attempted to put my stop quite a distance away. Here's the trace from my log:

Stop order: Order='NT-00010/Sim101' Name='Stop loss' State=PendingSubmit Instrument='$EURUSD' Action=BuyToCover Limit price=0 Stop price=1.2901 Quantity=103,305 Strategy='Thor' Type=Stop Tif=Gtc Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Token='9c302ea255b14b06ab4d5bfcd57f1209' Gtd='12/1/2099 12:00:00 AM'

I don't see any errors in my trace log, strange. Anyway, not sure if that would happen during live trading but this should be avoided at all cost.
        Last edited by molecool; 09-27-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for your post.

This would only occur on the simulation accounts and not in a live trading account. I will follow up with you on your Forum Thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=69137

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post traderqz  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes