ATR Trailing Stop Long / stop Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATR Trailing Stop Long / stop Entry

I need some building a strategy for backtesting with the ATR Trailing Stop.

How would I use the wizard to go Long on a ATR Trailing Stop trend change (see attached)

with a exit when the ATR trailing stop flips to the short direction.

Thanks,

Charlie
    Attached Files

Hello ProlongWealth,
    Welcome to the Ninjatrader Forum!

It sounds like what you want may require a little bit of Ninja scripting outside of just the wizard, but you could certainly use the wizard to set up most of the variables and indicators you will need.

For your question, it kind of depends on how you would personally like it set up but you could do something similar to the following as a base and work from there.

In the strategy wizard in the condition builder where you see the set 1, set 2, set 3…
    In the first set you could add the condition
    If ATR of 0 bars ago (current bar) is greater than the Highest Bar of the last 10 bars enter long
    In the second set I would add the condition
    If ATR of 0 bars ago (current bar) is less than ATR of 10 bars ago Exit Long
    You may want to look in the Ninjascript file sharing portion of the forum also, there is a ATR Trailing Stop indicator a user built that is available for download.
    Here’s a link to the download its self

While we cannot build strategies for you, we can certainly help you with any questions you have along the way. You can also take a look at our Ninjascript consultants page if you would like to have a specific strategy built for you, here is that link.

I think you could also benefit from this video we have on our YouTube channel. It’s a recording from a previous webinar we held all about building a strategy in the Strategy wizard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maaq...DD7105&index=2

This is a reference to the strategy wizard help guide it has all a lot of good information on the wizard.

Finally if you didn’t already know we constantly have live webinars on different portions of Ninjatrader. They are a great resource to see someone using NinjaTrader live and you have the ability to ask them questions while they are doing it. Here is a link to our schedule if you would like to attend one in the future.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM. Reason: forgot url
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DanielTynera  
    Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
    9 responses