Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace Freeze

Hi,
    Something happened to my workspaces where they just stop updating. This has happened before but it resolved itself after about 7 days...go figure. Trying to resolve it manually, I can open a new chart, same instrument within that workspace and it is updating and is normal as a blank chart. However all my chart drawing and objects of analysis are on the frozen workspace charts. This is weeks of analysis for me. How do I avoid starting from scratch? How do I get my drawings and objects to the new chart?
    I tried copying objects file, creating new chart within bad workspace, closing NT and pasting objects back in, but no change. Tried also what I read on forum ....erase tools>historical data manager>edit list..not work either. Is there a solution please?

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

If the charts do not receive realtime data, please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

If the issue remains, please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to your broker/data feed.

Subsequently open your workspaces one by one at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace and check if charts are responsive and receive realtime data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had the same problem. After following your instructions, one of my instruments - the S&P - is now okay, but the problem persists for the FTSE. Any reason why one would get fixed and not the other?

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Do you receive realtime data if you select the Z 06-14 in the Control Center-->Orders-tab? If not, do you see any error messages in the Control Center-->Log-tab?

Comment

No, there is no data coming through. There is nothing in the log related to Z (though there are some messages for other stuff that used to work before but are not working now. For DX it says "CQG.Adapter SubscribeMarketDataResolve: DXEM4 is not enabled for realtime quotes and trading")

Comment

Do you see QFA? This is the symbol CQG uses for the Z futures.

Comment

My instrument manager has a Z but not a QFA. The Z charts work but just don't update automatically i.e. I have to keep hitting the Reload historical Data to get the latest bars.

Comment

Do any of the error messages in the Control Center-->Log-tab refer to QFA?

Comment

Yes: "QFAM4 is not enabled.... "

Comment

Please contact your broker to enable realtime data for the Z futures. Unfortunately we cannot do this from our end.

Comment

Hmm, ok, it's a broker issue then? Z was working yesterday, but isn't working today. Strange. I'll drop them an email.

Comment

We do not control what instruments are authorized to receive realtime data. This is done on the broker's end.

Historical data is loaded from our server which supports the Z futures. This clarifies why historical data is loaded.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post TraderBCL  
                        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes