IB Advisor Account Allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Advisor Account Allocation

I was on the verge of switching to NT but I discovered NT does not support allocation to multiple IB accounts. Am I understanding this correctly?

I have 6 sub-accounts, but I want to auto-trade for only two of them (both auto-trade accounts will hold identical positions). Is there a way to do this with NT without running two instances of each strategy (one per account)? I saw something about account groups but I am not clear if this will let me do what I want.

Regards,
    Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct on the allocation of orders on accounts, you are also correct on the Account Groups being the ideal work around: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...unt_groups.htm

Comment

Seems like that would that work only if each account is holding the same position size?

I don't understand why you guys don't support assigning a FA profile to each strategy -- technically this is very simple so I assume there must be another reason but pretty much all your competitors do it so I can't figure it out.

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your response.

The strategy would send the orders to the accounts in the Account Group, it would not manage each accounts current position or any orders and positions taken from other strategies or manually.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain about this but I want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

If I automate a system for ES and the system sends a buy order at market, I can configure an account group with accounts AAA and BBB, and it will send the buy ES @ market order to accounts AAA and BBB. Is this correct?

Next if my strategy sends a stop market buy on the current bar which is sent to accounts AAA and BBB, then at the next bar that stop market buy is cancelled and instead my strategy sends a stop market sell, will it cancel both stop market buy orders in account AAA and BBB from the prior bar?

Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I was in correct, the Account Groups would not be available for use in the NinjaScript strategy. However, you can enable the strategy on multiple accounts, so you would have an instance of the strategy running for each account desired. For information on running NinjaScript strategies in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses