Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sesssion appears as a single bar

Hi,

When I open a chart for certain instruments it will show the last candle (ie if I login at 1:00 it will show candles up until then) the rest of the data is then shown as a giant single candle rather than a series of 1 minute candles?

I'm using IQfeed.
    Attached Files

Hello Banco,

Thanks for your post.

Can you let us know the following:
    - What happens when you right click in the chart--> Reload all historical data?
    - Do you have a subscription for Real time data with IQ Feed? Can you please double check this with them
    - What session template do you have selected? Right click in the chart--> Data Series--> Session template--> Can you change to 'Default 24/7'
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. I do have real time data. Reloading all historical data and changing the session time didn't seem to do anything. If it makes a difference I have jigsaw trading indicators installed.
      Last edited by banco; 04-21-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hello Banco,

What version do you have installed? Our current release is V7.0.1000.22 which you can check under Help--> About.
        Furthermore, is there an error message listed in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Lastly, can you send a screenshot of the Data Series window so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by banco View Post
          Hi,

When I open a chart for certain instruments it will show the last candle (ie if I login at 1:00 it will show candles up until then) the rest of the data is then shown as a giant single candle rather than a series of 1 minute candles?

I'm using IQfeed.

The problem is related to your merge policy / rollover settings. Under your instrument settings for ZW you have selected a rollover date later than April 22. Therefore the chart displays the old contract ZW 05-14 instead of the new contract ZW 07-14. The old contract is not backadjusted, probably because of your merge policy setting.

The long green candle represents the difference between the historical data loaded for ZW 05-14 and the real-time data that comes in for ZW 07-14.

To fix the problem, please make sure that NinjaTrader is set to Tools -> Options -> Data -> Merge Policy = MergeBackadjusted. Select a proper rollover date as indicated by the volume cross or open interest cross. Check whether NinjaTrader has calculated the correct offset for the rollover date from daily data.

Then open a chart for the old contract ZW 05-14 prior to rollover date. On rollover date and after rollover date, open a chart for the new contract ZW 07-14.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7  
          Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary