• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ninjatrader client crawling on heavy data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader client crawling on heavy data

Hello,
    I have been experiencing problems with NinjaTrader in the past few weeks coming to a crawl at certain "fast" times in the market. I do not regularly run any real time strategies but I do have open 7 - 10 charts at once and use the ATM to place trades.

I have been using NT for almost 2 years and have never had such consistent issues as of recently. Is there a way I can determine what is bogging down my software so much? I understand custom indicators and strategies can do it --- is there any other known issues of recently? I am using kinetick data feed.

NT client either comes unresponsive for periods of 60 seconds at a time and i'm left to either wait it out or force close the application -- in either case, a very big issue if I have trades on.

Please advise. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To overcome this issue I would recommend that you apply the performance tips which are outlined at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by slocumtrader View Post
      Hello,
      I have been experiencing problems with NinjaTrader in the past few weeks coming to a crawl at certain "fast" times in the market. I do not regularly run any real time strategies but I do have open 7 - 10 charts at once and use the ATM to place trades.

I have been using NT for almost 2 years and have never had such consistent issues as of recently. Is there a way I can determine what is bogging down my software so much? I understand custom indicators and strategies can do it --- is there any other known issues of recently? I am using kinetick data feed.

NT client either comes unresponsive for periods of 60 seconds at a time and i'm left to either wait it out or force close the application -- in either case, a very big issue if I have trades on.

Please advise. Thanks.
      Who is your provider?

Are you getting low on disk space on c: ??

How often do you reboot? Weekly? Monthly?

What are your machine specs?

Wireless or wired connection? If wireless - is there interference?

Comment

thanks for the advice here. It seems it was multiple workspaces I had open but in the background. Ever since closing the extras I haven't had an issue, but I will keep an eye on things.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankduc, Today, 08:12 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post frankduc  
        Started by jertrade, Today, 08:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes