Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader client crawling on heavy data

Hello,
    I have been experiencing problems with NinjaTrader in the past few weeks coming to a crawl at certain "fast" times in the market. I do not regularly run any real time strategies but I do have open 7 - 10 charts at once and use the ATM to place trades.

I have been using NT for almost 2 years and have never had such consistent issues as of recently. Is there a way I can determine what is bogging down my software so much? I understand custom indicators and strategies can do it --- is there any other known issues of recently? I am using kinetick data feed.

NT client either comes unresponsive for periods of 60 seconds at a time and i'm left to either wait it out or force close the application -- in either case, a very big issue if I have trades on.

Please advise. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To overcome this issue I would recommend that you apply the performance tips which are outlined at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by slocumtrader View Post
      Hello,
      I have been experiencing problems with NinjaTrader in the past few weeks coming to a crawl at certain "fast" times in the market. I do not regularly run any real time strategies but I do have open 7 - 10 charts at once and use the ATM to place trades.

I have been using NT for almost 2 years and have never had such consistent issues as of recently. Is there a way I can determine what is bogging down my software so much? I understand custom indicators and strategies can do it --- is there any other known issues of recently? I am using kinetick data feed.

NT client either comes unresponsive for periods of 60 seconds at a time and i'm left to either wait it out or force close the application -- in either case, a very big issue if I have trades on.

Please advise. Thanks.
      Who is your provider?

Are you getting low on disk space on c: ??

How often do you reboot? Weekly? Monthly?

What are your machine specs?

Wireless or wired connection? If wireless - is there interference?

Comment

thanks for the advice here. It seems it was multiple workspaces I had open but in the background. Ever since closing the extras I haven't had an issue, but I will keep an eye on things.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        167 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred