Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB And Ninja

Dear all ,

As long as i can see data such Charts / Level II in my TWS i should see those also on ninja ?

if yes, than why im trying to get chart data for GOOGL / LVS in my ninja and i get the next message:
    4/24/2014 1:16:46 PM Default Unable to subscribe to market data: Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager LVS Default
    4/24/2014 1:15:42 PM Default Unable to subscribe to market data: Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager GOOGL Default

Its not show me even the charts.

i lease the ninja for quaterly.. and i did not manage to work with it until now.

thanks!
    Last edited by be_water; 04-24-2014, 04:30 AM.

Hello be_water,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the LVS and click Edit. Enable the Nyse exchange besides the Default exchange and click OK. Assign the Nasdaq exchange for the GOOGL stock.

Once you made the changes, please remove and re-add the LVS and GOOGL to your instrument list now that they have different settings. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Click OK in the Instrument Manager. Subsequently check if the error message remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok , thanks , it works well with LVS now.

but with GOOGL i get this errorr

4/24/2014 1:35:08 PM Default Error on loading chart data for 'GOOGL Default': Interactive BrokersII: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)

But , do i have to repeat those actions everytime i want load an instrument ?

thanks.
      Last edited by be_water; 04-24-2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Please note that we have many stock instruments listed by default. For example, we have the Google stock listed as GOOG which is already configured correctly.

When you type in a symbol that is not present, it will create a new stock instrument automatically in the Instrument Manager. However it will only be setup for the Default exchange. Subsequently you need to assign the exchange where the stock trades if you experience this error.

Comment

As per your edited message, please delete the GOOGL instrument in the Instrument Manager. Use the pre-configured GOOG stock and check if the error persists.

Comment

OK, all is correct , but i still not understand , every stock im trying its the same , for example YNDX.

so i need to go instrument manager and assign NYSE every time i want to load chart ?

thank you very much for your patience.

Comment

If the instrument is not present in the Instrument Manager, you will need to assign the additional exchange in the Instrument Manager. Unfortunately, NinjaTrader does not have all stock instruments listed by default.

I believe you will need to enable the Nasdaq exchange for the YNDX. When I enter it in TWS, it lists the Nasdaq exchange.

Comment

Thanks,

What about TRIN / TICK Indexes ?

for example in IB i use TRIN-NYSE which is index.

when i try to load it on NT i get 4/24/2014 1:54:54 PM Default Unable to subscribe to market depth data: Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager TRIN Default

and i did check the NYSE.

ofcourse on TWS i see the index realtime and well.

thanks again and again

Comment

They are present by default in the Instrument Manager. Please type TICK or TRIN in the Name field and hit Search. If you add them to your instrument list, they will be listed as ^TICK and ^TRIN. So instead of typing "TICK" or "TRIN", please type "^TICK" or "^TRIN". You will need to do the same for all other indices.

You typed in the index symbol without "^" which creates a new instrument in the Instrument Manager. This is always a stock instrument. So it is trying to load data for a stock named TRIN.

Comment

Well , All is fine.

thanks , but still only for the illustration , when i want to switch fast to new instrument for trading and i get those errors , such for UA that just report a quaterly results... i got stuck with error messages and i need to check NYSE on instrument manager... and this time counts money..

no option to set all excahnges for all instruments without recheck it again and again for every second instrument im trying to load ? .... its weird for me , maybe im missing something here..

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you will need to do this for stock instruments that are not present by default in NinjaTrader.

You could create the instruments manually in the Instrument Manager before you trade. NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

- From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                      - Press the "New" button
                      - Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                      - Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                      - Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

- Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                      - Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                      - Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                      - Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

You can also load multiple stock instruments at once by importing a stock list. Please see the following link for instructions.

Comment

Yes i know it. Thanks.

Thank you for the support , much appreciated.

keep up the good job.

Comment

Hello again

any suggestion why ^TICK and ^Trin not showing me real time data on charts ?

im stuck with data of yesterday.

Thanks,

Regards.

Comment

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post WHICKED
                            by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                            15 responses