Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 charts, 4 different instruments, same strategy

Hello,

I have 4 different forex pairs, and i would like to use the same stops and limits, so the same ATM strategy with them but every time I restart the program i have to manually select the same strategy on all four of them in the chart trader as it loads the demo account by default on every window.

I have selected my broker account as the first account to connect to. It auto connects to it when I open NT but every chart trader is greyed and with the demo account instead of being ready to trade with my account and the last strategy i used. Is there a way i can set NT so that when my workspace loads i can start trading without having to manually select account and strategy again on every single chart?

Thank you for your help

Hello 101239,

Welcome to the forums!

You should be able to select your ATM Strategy, and subsequently go to Control Center -> File -> Workspaces -> Save Workspace. The selected strategy will be saved as part of the workspace.

As far as account selection goes, I'm not aware of a way to save the selected account as part of the workspace. I tested a few different combinations of things and was unable to save a live account or secondary sim account selection as part of my workspace.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, i hadn't noticed that the atm strategy was indeed being saved but it goes to a simulation account instead of loading the real account for trading so i don't need to chose strategy, but i need to choose the account on every chart.

Is there a way i can avoid it connecting to the sim account instead of the real one? if not, could i connect to the account on one and make them all connect to the same? it is very tedious to change from simulated to real on every chart every day.

Thanks

Comment

Hello 101239,

Thank you for your response.

As long as you don't have "Connect on Start Up" enabled on your connection, and do not have "Always Start in Simulation" selected at Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> Simulator, NinjaTrader will default to the first account in alphabetical order but unfortunately, there is no way to save the account selection as part of the workspace.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM