Market Replay Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Issue

I have downloaded some ES data for Market Replay. Specifically the 6-14 contract on 13 & 14 March to just test it out.

The downloads have completed, I connected to Market Replay server to try it out. But when I go to bring up a 6-14 chart of the ES, the "End Date" in the parameters is set to 12/31/2012 and I can not change it. Therefore, when I attempt to bring up a chart, it does not work.

I have gone into db -> tick & db -> minute to see if the files are in there, but there are not tick files at all and the minute data has an ES folder, but there is no data in the folder.

I tried to re-download the data but have gotten the same results - or lack thereof.

Could you please help me with how to get the data and/or how to get the charts setup to use the Market Replay? I have watched the NT video on YouTube and feel that I have done everything exactly as it says on there.

On another note, the Replay control does not move from its original spot. By that I mean that I can not click and drag the window to move it elsewhere on my computer screen so that it is not blocking other items on my screen. Is there a setting that I have not noticed that I am supposed to set in order to allow that to move? I am not having that issue with any other element of NT or any other program for that matter.

(edited -- I figured out why it would not move. It was simply because I had the chart parameters window open and it would not allow me to move the replay control as a result)

Thanks a ton for your help!

Hello jg123,

The 'End date' is determined by the Market Replay connection - From date. Please change the From date if you like to change this.

Please note that the db-->tick/minute folders do not contain your market replay data. This is saved in the db-->data folder.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Jason

I should have specified even further. That is my mistake.

I am attaching 3 screenshots where you can see that it does not matter the start date. 1 is based on bars, another days, and the 3rd one is based on a custom range with the start date being 3/13/2014 and all three of them have an end date of 12/31/2012.

Hopefully these screenshots will give you a better idea of what I am looking at.

Let me know if you need any more information.
      Attached Files

Comment

What From date do you have selected in the Market Replay control window?

If you change the From date, do you see the End date change in the Data Series menu of the charts as well?

Comment

Thank you, that did allow the date to change, but it is still before the start date in the Replay window.

The from date in the Replay window is 3/13/2014 but the end date in the chart parameters is 3/12/2014 so it is still before my start date.

Here is a screenshot
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this can be as expected. Market replay data is downloaded in US EDT, while your PC clock uses a different time zone.

For example, my PC clock is set to US MDT time. If I download data for 4/24, it will load data from 10:00 PM 4/23 up to 10:00 PM 4/24. This is the equivalent of 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM EDT the next day.

Comment

Okay, that is a fair enough possibility.

I guess I am a little confused as I am set to German time which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Time. It seems that, even with the time difference, that it wouldn't be a 2 day discrepancy. For example, the data that I have is 13 & 14 March but this is putting the end date as 12 March - 2 days before the end date that I have. I am attaching a screenshot of my available data.

So, if this is the case, and there is a discrepancy with the time zones - and I am on CET, what dates should I be downloading in order to get 13 & 14 of March?
              Attached Files

Comment

It uses the From date - 13 March. 6 hours before 13 March is 6:00 PM 3/12.

I would download 4/12, 4/13 and 4/14.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                1 response