Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max position size and Stop Loss

Hi all,

I hope I post this in the correction section. If not, then I apologize.

I have been trading ES minis futures for 2 years now and have lost enough money to "believe" i know what I need to do. I have tried to correct my problems but somehow, I keep doing the same thing. This is where I need your help.

I trade through AMP and requested certain parameters set for my trading but somehow they cannot do it. It would seem so easy yet they said they cannot. Let's say I have a $10k acct, through AMP, I can trade 25 contracts ($400 margin) and liquidation occurs at 80% loss of capital. I do not want these parameters b/c it's too risky. I want a 5 max contract position and a stop loss of $1000 per day.

Since ninjatrader is the front end, i was told ninjatrader cannot set these parameters. It would have to be done on the back office under TT user requirements. AMP won't honor my request. Can anyone help me and point to me the right direction as to what I should do? besides... do my own risk management.

Can anyone recommend something for me ? All I ask is 5 max contract position and stop loss of $1000 per day. I'm willing to change brokers, change software vendors and pay for someone to script this... please help...

Thank you in advance for you reply.

-Tom

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is something which could be addressed through custom programming. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this type of project at your direction: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad that ninjatrader can resolve my ongoing problem. I will seek a ninjatrader consultant to address my needs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottW
      by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes