Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to restore backup in new instance

Hi

In preparation for upgrading my XP desktop to Windows 8 I want to temporarily move my NinjaTrader instance to my XP laptop.

I have made a clean download and install of Ninja on the laptop OK.

I then made a full backup of my desktop instance using the backup utility on the running desktop instance.

I copied the backup file to the laptop and tried to restore it on the laptop instance.

The restore utility gave me the error "NinjaScript Files cant be restored since they would corrupt your installation"

Any ideas how I can restore these scripts ?

thnx

Hello Downhillryder,

Thanks for your post.

The reason for this message is the file structure between the 2 computers is different. To get these back in NinjaTrader the NinjaScripts would need to be extracted from the backup, manually placed in NinjaTrader, and then resolve compile errors.
    I would recommend setting up a remote session with us to do this for you.
    Please writing in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic so we can schedule a remote call to do this.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon

I can't see why the file structure is different. They both seem the same to me.

Anyhow I manually copied the Indicator and strategy directories and incrementally compiled them in what I thought was dependent order. After a few errors I managed to get everything compiled.

I'm testing now so will log any errors I get.

Is there anyway I can avoid getting this when I eventually set up a new instance on Windows 8 ? (I have to do a clean install because I'm upgrading from 32 to 64 bits)

regards dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

The file structure for a 32 bit computer to 64 bit computer is different for the programs files and this would result in compile errors/not being able to restore from a back up.

If you were to transfer between to computer that had the same bit operating system, you would need to ensure that you use the same username so the documents directory is in the same location.
        H
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post mathewlo  
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses