Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Connect to MBTrading

Hello,

I haven't logged into my account, I would guess, in about a year. I cannot connect to the MBTrading Broker. I installed both the regular desktop and desktop pro, but still can't connect to MBTrading. I took a screenshot of the current MBT Desktop release I installed and the error. Can someone please assist me in resolving?

Thanks.

P.S. By the way I am able to log directly into the MBT Desktop and access all functions and data, but unable to connect to MBTrading Broker.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RookieTrader; 04-29-2014, 07:13 AM.

Hello RookieTrader,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to download the required version of MBT Navigator. You can download the correct version from the MB Trading connection guide, which I've provided a link to below.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unable to Connect to MBTrading

Thanks for your reply ZachS.

I connected to MBTrading ok, but getting an error msg when loading historical data. See screen capture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello RookieTrader,

The error you experience is a time out error from the MB Trading API. It indicates the requested data could not be downloaded by the time period allowed. There are no settings that affect it aside from perhaps reducing the amount of historical data. Less data likely takes less time to load. You can download smaller portions of the historical data you require at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab.

If the error remains, you will need to check the ping response time you get from MBT servers where the data is loaded. There is likely latency in the connection between your computer and MB Trading servers, which causes the long download time. You will need to contact MB Trading for the IP address of their server before you can perform this test.

This procedure allows you to check where connection might fail or experiences large latency. It will send a packet to the MB Trading server and will track routers it connects through. There could be an issue between some of those routers.

In Windows, select Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt.

Enter "tracert xxx.xx.xx.xxx" and hit Enter (enter the MBTrading server IP address for the x's). Check if you see any major latencies between routers. More information regarding this procedure can be found at the link below.
        http://www.mediacollege.com/internet...raceroute.html

If you see latency, please contact your ISP and check if there is anything they can do from their end.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ZachS,

That corrected the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick