Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

..The order type is not allowed for the commodity ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..The order type is not allowed for the commodity ...

I am getting the following log entry trading live an automated strategy with Advanced Futures (with CQG data feed).

4/30/2014 10:18 AM Order TMU, The order type is not allowed for the commodity affected Order: Buy 1 Market
    Grateful for any directional clues/hints that could help me track down what is up here...

Thanks!

Hello AnotherTrader,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to contact the broker for information on why the order was rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello AnotherTrader,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to contact the broker for information on why the order was rejected.
      I received the following message from the broker and data provider after they received my log with the in green highlighted error messages:

"It looks like market order/GTC and no execution instructions are the problem."

Reject reason:
      The order type is not allowed for the commodity. The commodity configuration for order type 'Market Order", duration "GTC", execution instructions 'NONE" is not allowed.""
      Any idea what is up?
      Please advise.

Comment

Hello,

It sounds like your TIF/order combination is invalid. Perhaps using a Day TIF setting would help - I would recommend contacting your broker to confirm this.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherTrader View Post
          I received the following message from the broker and data provider after they received my log with the in green highlighted error messages:

Any idea what is up?
          Please advise.
          Your order says it is GoodTillCancelled. That is impossible in an absolute sense, so the exchange will not allow us to place an order which borders on nonsensical. A Market Order CANNOT be GTC, because by its very nature/definition, a Market Order is to be executed immediately, at the best possible price. GTC becomes nonsense in the context. That which must be executed immediately is incapable of storage until cancelled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post inanazsocial  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader