Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade EURUSD with IB while using Kinetick for futures data at the same time

Hi guys,

I want to trade the EURUSD on IB, but I cannot connect to IB as the first data connection because I am also trading futures. So I have Kinetick as my first data provider and IB as my second.

So I took a premium FX subscription on Kinetick. The FXCM data is untradable since it is dislaying a 5 pip spread. The Tenfore data is even worse, it is also displaying a big spread and its giving me much less ticks than FXCM.

Within NT it seems not possible to select IB data for FX and Kinetick data for futures.

Any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Sandor

Hello Sandor,

Unfortunately this is not supported in NinjaTrader 7. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive realtime data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Both IB and Kinetick support all 4 instrument types.

It is on the list of possible future enhancements to select the data feed per instrument type.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Why is Kinetick selling the premium data feed while it is more expensive and even worse than the basic FXCM data feed? If Kinetick would have a quality data feed that is about the same as the data from IB, then the problem is solved too.

Thanks,

Sandor

Comment

Hello Sandor,

Sorry, I do not know. I suggest to address this question to Kinetick. You can contact them at the link below.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have had contact with the Kinetick support and I have tried all the dirrerent FX feed's available. None of them was coming close the IB's data. Some had too large spreads and others gave too less ticks.

I think there is only one other solution for this problem and that is too but a second computer, open a second account at IB and than connect directly to IB as a first connection. This will be very expensive because I will also need a second NT license. And this will all not be needed anymore when this possible future enhancement becomes available. However, I really need to trade the FDAX and EURUSD at the same time, so I al willing to invest for it. Would be great if I can borrow a second license until the future enhancement becomes available. I understand you cannot give temporarliy licences yourself but maybe you can discuss this issue with Ray.

I would be very dissapointed to have paid a 1000 dollars for this program six months ago and not be able to trade two of Europe's major markets at the same time.

Thanks in advance,

Sandor

Comment

Hello Sandor,

Could you please send us an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for this request.

Comment

Is it not possible to receive FDAX data from IB? You intend to trade forex and the FDAX, so I assume you are authorized to trade the FDAX with IB and will receive data from them as well.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply once more.

IB's data for futures is terrible. Especially since the FDAX is a very fast instrument I will miss a lot of ticks. I have experienced this myself. That's why I took a Kinetick subscription, it's much better.

I will send an email to the sales department.

Thanks,

Sandor

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses